Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-25-2013, 07:25 PM   #16981 
Shirleythebetta

Why do people insist on giving me panic attacks? My mom texts me to tell me that my sister is in the ER and she doesnt know why. I have asked her before don't call me unless you know its serious or at least until the testing is done. It freaks me out so bad so now I have to sit here for god knows how long freaking out because nobody listens to me.
Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 07:25 PM   #16982 
royal

Wow,that's intense! Sorry you have to go through all of that.
royal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 07:42 PM   #16983 
FishyFishy89

I'd fill out the papers just in case. Youd have em ready to go.
FishyFishy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 07:47 PM   #16984 
Xaltd1

@ RoMay:
I can't say what to call the gutless wonders who decided to mess w/ your life b/c it would violate the board rules on language. This has happened to me before and I reccommend:
1. Go to the ER if you have chest pains! They may also give you some meds if it's stress (this happened to me b/c I had work stress- I felt like I could handle things again).
2. Get on the phone/Facebook/Tweet & tell EVERYONE you know about this- someone may have a job, maybe temp work- if not, you'll feel better & expose the employer. Who wants to work for such a %$#&^ office!!!
3. Unemployment office- if you still have you're job, the paperwok won't go through. The 1st thing they check is if you qualify- you'll have your answer.
As for the vaca., TRY to get your money back. Get a real person on the phone- this isn't like you changed your mind or got sick! They give bereavement discounts, why not "hardship" discounts-it is free to ask. If you're still employed, you can book it again.
It's best to plan for the worst!!
Get to the ER!!!
We have your back & you'll be fine!!!! & what if you got a good lawsuit out of this :0) $$$ ?

Last edited by Xaltd1; 03-25-2013 at 07:52 PM.
Xaltd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 08:04 PM   #16985 
Xaltd1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBonez423 View Post
I would talk to a bankruptcy lawyer. My mum works for one, I don't really know all the specifics about it but if you need your debt forgiven and you absolutely can't pay it back, that's the best way to go. =/ As far as going back to school, trade schools are the way to go, especially with nursing, because it's in high demand. There are programs out there that might be able to help you pay for it,.

Overall, I'm sorry you have to go through this and hope it works out for you!
I am bankrupt- that only gets you out of credit card/loan debt. It doesn't get you off the hook for state & federal taxes! I had my account seized 4x this year & emptied by my state (MA). I hired a lawyer couldn't even get them to release funds SO I COULD BUY FOOD! The lawyer couldn't get through to the state so I lost $2,400 on that. I had to borrow $20,000 from my mother (she's 84). I feel like a scumbag... how can I ever pay HER back?
One problem is that I make too much money to qualify for low-cost legal help, but not enough to pay off my taxes. I get alimony + have a job. I could get a job that pays more $, (maybe) BUT then it would cut into my alimony.
Old 03-25-2013, 08:43 PM   #16986 
Bombalurina

The difference between the legal aid threshold and the cost to actually hire a lawyer is ridiculous.
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 09:38 PM   #16987 
Xaltd1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bombalurina View Post
The difference between the legal aid threshold and the cost to actually hire a lawyer is ridiculous.
AMEN!!!!
This world is only kind to the richest & those that qualify to get some of their money. The rest of us are bleeped. I don't have much sympathy for the celebrities who have millions, then go into rehab/get sick/insert crisis here, then write a book & go on talk shows as "inspiration"!!! PLEASE!!!

I may get flamed (I've already argued about this) but Robin Roberts (on the morning talk show) has millions & millions of dollars plus fame. She could buy the best medicine possible. Do you think the rest of us with her diagnosis would be alive??? NO!!! Not that I wished her ill, but she was hailed as a "hero" for recovering. I see heroes every day- single mothers trying to raise kids & work; if they get cancer, THEY DIE!!!
Old 03-25-2013, 09:47 PM   #16988 
Xaltd1

To continue rant, whenever I meet w/ someone who has financial advice to dole out, they'll always point to my nice pocketbook or earrings & roll their eyes like I'm a frivolous, spoiled mall-rat. Hey, I bargain shop. I pawned ALL of my 14k jewelery when my ex walked out on me (OK I kept my Mother's wedding ring she gave me). ALL my jewelery is junk; I shop @ Walmart & the used clothing stores. If I show up somewhere in what looks like a $400 dress, I really bought it for 4.99 @ the Salvation Army store!!! I use any spare time to scour around for bargains. If I worked f/t, I'd have to go to Macy's & spend a ton b/c I wouldn't have the time.
Old 03-25-2013, 10:07 PM   #16989 
Sparrowhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bombalurina View Post
Oh man, that is so true. When my mum passed away, the cost of the funeral paired with the costs of the lawyer (when all that needed to be done was red tape, her will was very clear, she left everything to my grandma and I, end of story) almost forced us to sell our home -- I was a student, just finishing year 12, and my grandma's a pensioner. Yeah, we totally had the money for all that. I guess it was lucky we were living below the poverty line when I had to go to court to get an intervention order against an abusive ex-partner, though if I could have afforded better lawyers I imagine I would've walked out of that courtroom with a lot more protection than I did... But that's another story. I intended to only agree with you, then found myself ranting. Oops. >.<

The rant I intended to post was an awful lot more light-hearted. It's impossible for me to study without getting the urge to go on a shopping spree. How can I learn about all different types of body jewellery (and what's important in selecting jewellery when consulting with a client before piercing them) without wanting to buy myself mass amounts of new jewellery for my piercings?! Haha! It's bad enough that this course is making me desperate to "finish" my ears and get my lip re-done!
Sparrowhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 03:25 AM   #16990 
Bombalurina

Anti-rant: D'Artagnan is so much better after his emergency vet-visit yesterday, and I managed to sleep in.

Rant: I only just realised that I've been rostered to work the same day as a friend's wedding, and there's only one other person I can swap with, so if that falls through, I can't go. Also, I have to buy a new pair of shoes that I don't need because we no longer sell mine, and I need to wear a current model. Sure, I get them for cost price, but I'm not a shoe gal, and I don't need another pair of trainers (it's a sport-shoe shop) because my current ones are perfectly serviceable. I need that money for the vet, and if I didn't, I still have a long list of things I need more than trainers.
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bettathanyou