Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish
Closed Thread

Old 03-26-2013, 04:49 PM   #21 
LittleBlueFishlets

Bombalurina - thank you! I appreciate your faith in me. However, I am beginning to suspect I have severe masochistic tendencies. The last thread was over 30 pages in length and included repetitive advice from over a dozen forum members. I spent a lot of time creating an item-specific shopping list for Popcorndeer to bring to Petsmart. I even supplied model numbers and pictures to provide a visual list in addition to the written names. Many other forum members assisted with this effort. We worked together to create an attainable list..... In the end, however, much of that list was ignored. And now I find myself wondering whether I really want to begin that cycle again. I understand that the health and wellbeing of live animals is involved, so I guess it must be done. But I find myself speculating on whether if it would be less painful if I simply decided to run headfirst into a brick wall....

All right..... here we go....

POPCORNDEER - can you post some pictures of him? We need to see a picture of his whole body, and another picture of his eye.

Last edited by LittleBlueFishlets; 03-26-2013 at 04:55 PM.
Old 03-26-2013, 09:13 PM   #22 
LittleBlueFishlets

Well, I see that Popcorndeer started a new thread tonight, about flake food, and wrote a lot of posts on it.

But she didn't reply to the requests for photos and information on this thread. I do not know not know why she stopped posting on this thread, but it is getting late and I going to assume she will not be posting here again tonight.
Old 03-27-2013, 02:50 PM   #23 
popcorndeer

ok iam back
Old 03-27-2013, 04:50 PM   #24 
LittleBlueFishlets

Popcorndeer:

1) I have asked twice if you can post pictures. You have not posted any pictures yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBlueFishlets View Post
POPCORNDEER - can you post some pictures of him? We need to see a picture of his whole body, and another picture of his eye.
2) give us an update. How is he today?

Last edited by LittleBlueFishlets; 03-27-2013 at 05:09 PM.
Old 03-27-2013, 07:36 PM   #25 
LittleBlueFishlets

All:

Popcorndeer started this thread on Mon 3/25 at 7:48pm. She told us her new betta was sick, and said she would try to get a picture of him.

That was two days ago. We asked her several times for pictures and more information. She hasn't responded.

Last night, she started a thread about fish food. I posted on that thread that we were still waiting for her to return to THIS thread to post pictures. I asked how her sick fish (the one she started this thread for) was doing. At least one other poster also asked her to supply information about this sick fish. She did not reply on that thread, and she did not reply on this thread.

This afternoon, she checked in to say that she was back. But she still has not given us the information we've requested. According to the time stamp on her profile, her last login time was at 6:28pm tonight.

In summary: she was asked multiple times to provide pictures and an update. SHE HAS NOT REPLIED TO THOSE REQUESTS.

I have already spent a huge amount of time trying to help her on previous threads, including this one which had 37 pages (362 posts) before being closed by the Super Moderators. To quote the closing post, written by mods before locking the thread:
Quote:
This OP has made NO effort to heed advice to improve their situation......
Since Popcorndeer has not replied to our repeated requests for information, I am going to assume that either her fish is not as sick as she first indicated, or that she feels she has the situation under control.

Since she does not appear to need our assistance with this fish, I am going to unsubscribe from this thread now.

Last edited by LittleBlueFishlets; 03-27-2013 at 07:41 PM.
Old 03-27-2013, 10:21 PM   #26 
Alcemistnv

thank you Little blue for doing what you have done so far. You've been VERY porper in handling the situation and you kept level headed and such and that's kinda awesome since I'm sure 99% of the people would've just blown up by now.
Old 03-27-2013, 10:25 PM   #27 
Bombalurina

+1. Thanks for trying, LittleBlue.

Popcorn, what's going on here?
Old 03-27-2013, 10:30 PM   #28 
Alcemistnv

I really think that the next post Popcorn should make ANYWHERE on this thread or the other one should contain:

-Picture of the new betta
-The bett'as tank
-and other information about it so we can help her help it.

I don't mind knowing when she returns to the thread, but to post that she is online and to completely ignore the help that she has ASKED to receive is very rude, particularly since she doesn't come back after.

I don't want to sound like a terrible person, because I assure you I'm not. I just don't enjoy watching so many users have to spend anywhere from minutes to hours of their day trying to help her when she makes no effort to even receive it.

I'm not unsubscribing from this yet, because she might come back and need help.

But I'd prefer if she came soon.
Old 03-28-2013, 02:03 AM   #29 
Blue Fish

Does anyone know how old Popcorndeer is?
Old 03-28-2013, 05:51 AM   #30 
LittleBlueFishlets

She said she is 13.

Last edited by LittleBlueFishlets; 03-28-2013 at 06:03 AM.
Closed Thread