Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-26-2013, 01:22 PM   #16991 
RoMay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaltd1 View Post
@ RoMay:
I can't say what to call the gutless wonders who decided to mess w/ your life b/c it would violate the board rules on language. This has happened to me before and I reccommend:
1. Go to the ER if you have chest pains! They may also give you some meds if it's stress (this happened to me b/c I had work stress- I felt like I could handle things again).
2. Get on the phone/Facebook/Tweet & tell EVERYONE you know about this- someone may have a job, maybe temp work- if not, you'll feel better & expose the employer. Who wants to work for such a %$#&^ office!!!
3. Unemployment office- if you still have you're job, the paperwok won't go through. The 1st thing they check is if you qualify- you'll have your answer.
As for the vaca., TRY to get your money back. Get a real person on the phone- this isn't like you changed your mind or got sick! They give bereavement discounts, why not "hardship" discounts-it is free to ask. If you're still employed, you can book it again.
It's best to plan for the worst!!
Get to the ER!!!
We have your back & you'll be fine!!!! & what if you got a good lawsuit out of this :0) $$$ ?
I have facebooked about this, only people can surgest to me is hotel jobs. The older and older I get the harder it is for me to stand still. It's something to be expected with PKD but hard to find a discount or free clinic doctor who understands what PKD is and the side effects there of. I may have fibermylasia (sp?) which isn't unherd of tack on to PKD.
Well to the first thing I just woke up. No surprise I did end up making myself sick last night worrying and crying. Have a wonderful headache that seems to go away when I lay down but when I sit up it comes back with a huge mind squeezing vengeance. Only reason why I woke up is I swear my digestive track was having a farting contest. One side would let out a jurgle then another part would try louder... It was amusing guess it shouldn't have but it was/
Guess I mentioned the second thing in the first half
As for the third it's online so you can file it through. I'll give them a week to decide whether or not I am fired before I file and see. As for my vacation guess it's not canceled my friend god bless his heart gave me the money and told me to go. Try picturing a woman sobbing because she's happy and thankful and she's stressed and you'll see something scary.
RoMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 01:59 PM   #16992 
RoMay

SO I finially got a hold of someone in office. No one knows a thing about the post being lost. But the district manager Armando says he's going to look into it. If it is lost I DO still have a job. The most exciting thing it's the job I have been wanting. at an IT company monitoring in and out bound material. Yeah I am going to have to get used to mornings probably but ooo.
RoMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 05:47 PM   #16993 
Shirleythebetta

I am worried. My sister is in the hospital still. They say pancreas or gall bladder. Looks like she is going to have gall bladder surgery. Keep her in your prayers guys. It all stinks she just had bowel surgery. She can't win for losing.
Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 06:20 PM   #16994 
ThePearlFish

Hope your sister recovers well Shirley, I can't imagine having to have surgery for digestive issues, since I too sometimes have tummy issues :/..

My rant about FB today (just saying), I have no clue who anyone is anymore cus 1/2 my people are red equal signs. Sliiightly irritating....
ThePearlFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 06:41 PM   #16995 
NeptunesMom

So I decided to join the rant thread.. because I don't know where else to post this.

Rant: In 2005 my uncle had an accident that left him in a coma, once he woke up after a few months. He was placed in a facility that deals with brain damage issues. The facility drugged him against his will (on the requests of his wife), and when my grandfather and mother spoke out against it they were banned from the facility. One day when I was visiting he asked to speak with my mom on the phone. I was chased by the facility lawyer out the door with threats of calling the police and banning me from the facility. My grandfather went to court to gain custody of my uncle to remove him from the facility. He was awarded joint custody of my uncle with my uncles wife, who promptly drained all his bank accounts and left him once my grandfather removed him from the facility put him into his home, and surprise once he was no longer being drugged against his will he became coherent again. The facility is an awful place, and I saw patients being treated in ways that weren't abuse... but weren't dignified either. I also know people who have worked in the facility... and laws are broken as they were with my uncle.

Anyway, the facility nursed a woman back to health who was in a bad accident. This accident gained a lot of local attention because her children died in it. She has become their prize pig they roll out to get donations. The news media has fallen in love with the facility, and is frequently featuring stories on how "great" they are. Oh... but if only they know what occurs inside to those who are not the darlings of the facility. The facility has some of the best lawyers in the state, and many important political people are tied to it. I just saw another news story tonight, and it makes me sick to think of what they put my family through and other families through. Okay, rant over.
NeptunesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 07:01 PM   #16996 
ThePearlFish

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeptunesMom View Post
So I decided to join the rant thread.. because I don't know where else to post this.

Rant: In 2005 my uncle had an accident that left him in a coma, once he woke up after a few months. He was placed in a facility that deals with brain damage issues. The facility drugged him against his will (on the requests of his wife), and when my grandfather and mother spoke out against it they were banned from the facility. One day when I was visiting he asked to speak with my mom on the phone. I was chased by the facility lawyer out the door with threats of calling the police and banning me from the facility. My grandfather went to court to gain custody of my uncle to remove him from the facility. He was awarded joint custody of my uncle with my uncles wife, who promptly drained all his bank accounts and left him once my grandfather removed him from the facility put him into his home, and surprise once he was no longer being drugged against his will he became coherent again. The facility is an awful place, and I saw patients being treated in ways that weren't abuse... but weren't dignified either. I also know people who have worked in the facility... and laws are broken as they were with my uncle.

Anyway, the facility nursed a woman back to health who was in a bad accident. This accident gained a lot of local attention because her children died in it. She has become their prize pig they roll out to get donations. The news media has fallen in love with the facility, and is frequently featuring stories on how "great" they are. Oh... but if only they know what occurs inside to those who are not the darlings of the facility. The facility has some of the best lawyers in the state, and many important political people are tied to it. I just saw another news story tonight, and it makes me sick to think of what they put my family through and other families through. Okay, rant over.
HOW HORRIBLE!!! I want to rant with you, about this cus I can only imagine if that was me or a family member of mine, who was in a care facility. >:/
Old 03-26-2013, 07:05 PM   #16997 
JBonez423

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePearlFish View Post
Hope your sister recovers well Shirley, I can't imagine having to have surgery for digestive issues, since I too sometimes have tummy issues :/..

My rant about FB today (just saying), I have no clue who anyone is anymore cus 1/2 my people are red equal signs. Sliiightly irritating....
=] red equal signs for a good cause, though.
JBonez423 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 07:11 PM   #16998 
dramaqueen
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirleythebetta View Post
I am worried. My sister is in the hospital still. They say pancreas or gall bladder. Looks like she is going to have gall bladder surgery. Keep her in your prayers guys. It all stinks she just had bowel surgery. She can't win for losing.
I'm so sorry about your sister. I'll keep her in my prayers.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 07:17 PM   #16999 
Shirleythebetta

Thanks guys.
Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 07:18 PM   #17000 
ThePearlFish

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBonez423 View Post
=] red equal signs for a good cause, though.
Ehh.. I could care less about that frankly.. :/ I know that is a horrible thing to say, and I understand the point of them (so I am not trying to downplay THAT part of it), but I'm not really one to jump on a "fad" bandwagon just cus everyone else is doing it..:/ That was kinda why I was truly ranting I guess. :P

It was not a really well formed rant :p..

Tags
bettathanyou