Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-26-2013, 07:23 PM   #17001 
RoMay

Hope your sister is fine. I know a few people who had their gall badders out. Before surgery they looked like death rolled over, after they bounced right back. Well except for my sister, but when she had her gall bladder out she had a baby in there who loved to kick the sore spot.
RoMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 07:47 PM   #17002 
NeptunesMom

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePearlFish View Post
HOW HORRIBLE!!! I want to rant with you, about this cus I can only imagine if that was me or a family member of mine, who was in a care facility. >:/
Thanks. The worst part is how they use to news media to gain donations. I saw their news story tonight, and I just want to scream. People think they are helping an honorable cause, but in fact they are supporting something awful. I remember this one man who they would roll in his wheelchair into the hallway every day and sit him facing the wall. He would ask them to move him so he could see outside. He would ask them to talk with him. He would yell for help when he needed to go to the bathroom. They never paid attention to him. My mom would always stop and talk with him before they banned her for complaining that they were breaking the law by forcing drugs on my uncle.

My uncle spent months being drugged when he asked to not be, and then filmed when he would say illogical things in a drug induced state. It was all a ploy by his wife to keep him there, because he kept asking to go home. She had a shopping addiction and without him in the house to keep her in check she spent his life savings and trashed the house (it looked like a hoarders episode). When you are filmed talking about pizza on the walls it is easy to declare you incompetent, lets just ignore the heavy duty mind altering drugs they just injected him with. Once he came home and got away from the facility, he was fine. No more pizza on the walls.
NeptunesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 08:00 PM   #17003 
JBonez423

I understand that, but I don't really see this as a bandwagon thing. It's nice to see all the support, to see people really band together for a good cause. If it were for something stupid, like when everyone was changing their profile pics to different cartoons & stuff lol, but at least this means something!
JBonez423 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 08:16 PM   #17004 
Hadoken Kitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePearlFish View Post
Hope your sister recovers well Shirley, I can't imagine having to have surgery for digestive issues, since I too sometimes have tummy issues :/..

My rant about FB today (just saying), I have no clue who anyone is anymore cus 1/2 my people are red equal signs. Sliiightly irritating....
Lol. I'm showing my support since my dad is a transgender and she can't be legally married to my stepmom anymore...they had been married for 12 years before the transition. So, yea. Idk, I wouldn't do it otherwise. I know it means a lot to them, so it's really more about a personal support thing than anything. Hope that gives me some points or something, lol.

OMG I just want to join the stupid Dog Forum. Why is my email such a pain for these forums!? First this one...then the dog forum...no reply yet...I just want to find out where to buy agility training stuff for Oliver, and how to do it. T.T
Hadoken Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 08:39 PM   #17005 
JBonez423

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadoken Kitty View Post
Lol. I'm showing my support since my dad is a transgender and she can't be legally married to my stepmom anymore...they had been married for 12 years before the transition. So, yea. Idk, I wouldn't do it otherwise. I know it means a lot to them, so it's really more about a personal support thing than anything. Hope that gives me some points or something, lol.

OMG I just want to join the stupid Dog Forum. Why is my email such a pain for these forums!? First this one...then the dog forum...no reply yet...I just want to find out where to buy agility training stuff for Oliver, and how to do it. T.T
That's BS that they reversed their marriage like that! I wouldn't even think that was legal. Funny how transgendered people get assigned to, say, prisons by the gender they were born into, but then pull something like this.. -.-"

Anyway, I love that everyone is sporting this. I'm a total hippie, I love watching people come together in the name of love. ^.^
JBonez423 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 08:58 PM   #17006 
Bombalurina

NeptunesMom, you should take your story to the media. The media may love a darling, but they also love being able to reveal the "awful truth" behind something that everyone loves.

Shirley, I'm so sorry, I hope your sister is ok! I know how you feel - my mother was in and out of hospitals a few years ago and had to have her entire large intestine removed.
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 10:38 AM   #17007 
NeptunesMom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bombalurina View Post
NeptunesMom, you should take your story to the media. The media may love a darling, but they also love being able to reveal the "awful truth" behind something that everyone loves.

Shirley, I'm so sorry, I hope your sister is ok! I know how you feel - my mother was in and out of hospitals a few years ago and had to have her entire large intestine removed.
I've tried that. The media doesn't want to touch them except with good stories. They positioned themselves with a BOD that is full of some of the top lawyers in the state and top political figures.
NeptunesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 02:29 PM   #17008 
Hadoken Kitty

I'm depressed. I cried when I got into my car. I cried on the way home. I cried once I got home. My grandparents are treating me like it's my boyfriend's fault that I'm not doing good enough in this anatomy class. I totally failed this quiz. I studied all of that time for absolutely nothing. Given I knew a lot of the model parts...but the lecture parts? No. I failed. It's so confusing. I just don't get it. I'm so stressed. I get yelled at to clean up after my boyfriend. I get yelled at if I don't study, because I'm cleaning up after him. He doesn't clean up after himself much, but he's getting better.....I'm just at my wit's end. I can't stop crying. I have work in ten minutes. I have to take care of kids, but I'm beyond belief depressed. Sometimes I just wish I could call in sick last minute, without my job hating me and treating me like I'm making their lives miserable.
Hadoken Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 02:33 AM   #17009 
Bombalurina

It's awful when you fail something - I feel like I've been kicked in the stomach when it happens to me. It's not always your fault, though, especially not if you've studied really hard. I always perform horribly in exams, no matter how well I've done in the rest of the unit.

My rant: Last night, I found Melissandra behind the filter, where she'd succumbed to her tumour. When I picked her up, her tumour burst and squirted blood and fishy ick on my hands. Not how I'd imagined saying goodbye to my beautiful red princess, especially after only two weeks.
Sansa is also missing. I last saw her on Thursday, when she was healthy, beautiful and full of energy. Now she's vanished, and I stirred up all the plants in the tank, so if she was still alive, I'd have seen her, I'm sure. I really wish I could find her, even if she's dead, so at least I'd know.

I so much do not want her to be dead. She's the most beautiful fish I've ever seen - she's a white dragon VT and she seems to glow blue or pink, depending on how the light catches her.
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 10:58 AM   #17010 
dramaqueen
Banned

I'm so sorry about Melissandra.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bettathanyou