Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-27-2013, 01:07 AM   #8941 
kyle89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadoken Kitty View Post
Hmmm. I'll take that answer. Especially since two of the three pet stores are both PetSmart. xD
Rather have petsmarts than petcos. I had too many problems with petco
kyle89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 01:09 AM   #8942 
AyalaCookiejar

I'm jealous. The only store I have in my town is Walmart -_- we used to have an Earl May way back when, but when our new Walmart was built they put pretty much every other store out of business.

Highway 81 (which goes from Argentina to Alaska) and the interstate both intersect the town that I live in. The highway went right through it up until they build a by-pass, but I've been told our McDonald's is one of the busiest in the country. You'd think with all the travelers we have, we could afford an actual pet store. But of course travelers are looking for fast food and cheap convenience, not live pets, lol.

Rant over. ;)
AyalaCookiejar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 01:12 AM   #8943 
bserrano2

So is Pet Smart the better store? I've only been to Petco and Petland Discounts, and i tend to get disappointed with their selections of items.
bserrano2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 01:12 AM   #8944 
AyalaCookiejar

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle89 View Post
The tank left of the mirror looks just like mine and even has squidwars house like mine lol
Yeah I used to have a spongebob house until it rusted but I kept the squidward house in there because its his oldest decoration. I've had it and DaBaDee for over a year and he'd probably freak if I took it out. Its the only decoration he really uses often.
Old 03-27-2013, 01:14 AM   #8945 
kyle89

My LFS has me so spoiled that Petco and pet smart are a huge let down.
Old 03-27-2013, 01:15 AM   #8946 
kyle89

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyalaCookiejar View Post
Yeah I used to have a spongebob house until it rusted but I kept the squidward house in there because its his oldest decoration. I've had it and DaBaDee for over a year and he'd probably freak if I took it out. Its the only decoration he really uses often.
Since Walmart is the only store you have I'm guessing thats a 5 gallon led tank from Walmart
Old 03-27-2013, 01:17 AM   #8947 
AyalaCookiejar

Quote:
Originally Posted by bserrano2 View Post
So is Pet Smart the better store? I've only been to Petco and Petland Discounts, and i tend to get disappointed with their selections of items.
I think it depends on the store. The closest town to me (which is an hour away) has two Petco's and two petsmarts, but one of the Petco's has the best selection because it is the biggest. Like, Petco has New Life Spectrum, petsmart has a better live plant selection and Flourish. I had to order NLS online from Petco and go to petsmart to get flourish. Many of their other items are the same. Petco has those cubby holes for the Betta cups which I like better than petsmarts set up, but it depends in the store if you are comparing the care of the fish. They don't train their employees obviously so if a store has employees that have taken it upon themselves to get educated, they will probably take better care of the fish than the exact same store a few blocks away.

If that makes sense, lol.

Edit: yes, the middle two are 5 gallons from Walmart. The right one is my brothers ten gallon and the left two were given to me. Most of my stuff for my new tanks I bought online from Petco. Every plant I have (besides the live plants in QT in the tank on the left) is a silk plant from Petco. I have nearly every one they have, lol.

Last edited by AyalaCookiejar; 03-27-2013 at 01:19 AM.
Old 03-27-2013, 01:18 AM   #8948 
Hadoken Kitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishcreep View Post
First World problems
LOL so true. I sort of feel bad now. xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle89 View Post
Rather have petsmarts than petcos. I had too many problems with petco
I am openly biased for Petsmart, but not due to negative experiences; just location (I haven't been to many PetCos). The few times I have been, though, I never had an issue. Just....grrrr that location!

It always makes me sad to see Walmarts overrunning a town. We have quite a few wally-stuffs (walmarts, walgreens, sam's club, neighborhood...you get the jist), but luckily we live in a...well....I swear on my life I'm not trying to brag by any means, but....we live in a more prominent town. So I suppose that is why a lot of our small and family owned business can still function on a very successful manner. That is one thing I really enjoy about my town versus towns I've visited (like a few in Florida from where my boyfriend lived, no offense). We really appreciate the small businesses and prefer to shop there as long as they sell the things we need. Walmart has done alright here, but they definitely could be doing better. I really hope it stays that way.....I'm not the biggest Walmart fan, but I don't hate them. It just aggravates me to see them target smaller, still growing towns.

Sorry for ranting.
Hadoken Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 01:25 AM   #8949 
AyalaCookiejar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadoken Kitty View Post
LOL so true. I sort of feel bad now. xD

I am openly biased for Petsmart, but not due to negative experiences; just location (I haven't been to many PetCos). The few times I have been, though, I never had an issue. Just....grrrr that location!

It always makes me sad to see Walmarts overrunning a town. We have quite a few wally-stuffs (walmarts, walgreens, sam's club, neighborhood...you get the jist), but luckily we live in a...well....I swear on my life I'm not trying to brag by any means, but....we live in a more prominent town. So I suppose that is why a lot of our small and family owned business can still function on a very successful manner. That is one thing I really enjoy about my town versus towns I've visited (like a few in Florida from where my boyfriend lived, no offense). We really appreciate the small businesses and prefer to shop there as long as they sell the things we need. Walmart has done alright here, but they definitely could be doing better. I really hope it stays that way.....I'm not the biggest Walmart fan, but I don't hate them. It just aggravates me to see them target smaller, still growing towns.

Sorry for ranting.
We've always had a Walmart but they upgraded to a superstore and moved out closer to the interstate. We have more fast food restaurants than any other town around here the same size because of the interstate and highway traffic, but we still don't have much of anything else. We have a Walgreens, but Pamida went out of business. There was a grocery store close to my house that went out of business along with the new Walmart. Of the two others still standing, one seems to be struggling. I never see anyone shop there.

And also I live in Nebraska and the only two towns that have a petsmart or Petco is Lincoln and Omaha, the only two metropolitan areas. Omaha is the only city with a build a bear workshop which makes me mad to this day, lol. Nebraska isn't much for selection, but I guess I should be thankful we have fast food and a Walmart because other nearby towns only have a convenience store (or less).
Old 03-27-2013, 01:33 AM   #8950 
kyle89

I'm extremely spoiled to have a incredible LFS 20 minutes down the road. Larger than a petsmart and Petco combined!!

Tags
aquarium, arteries, arteriestagiscreepnmeout, bettathanyou, do the harlem shake!!!, don'tmindmejustatag, dyingoflaughteroverhere, glory werz here!:b, ihavetoomanybettas, lols, macgyver was here, mochi was here, omgwecanedittags?, tank