Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-26-2013, 06:51 PM   #11 
DreamerHorse

I fed Azure and Valentine today. I also kept watch on my new heater. Then later I gave both a few bloodworms. Later I did a 50%/60% water change. I also got some nice pictures of Valentine and Azure for when I go to my dad's in a few weeks.
DreamerHorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 08:22 PM   #12 
VJM

Great thread! So many busy Betta owners.

I water tested, changed 50% of the water in each tank, trimmed what I hope is the last of the melting leaves from plants in the 2.5g, picked out and floated some manzanita that will be the base for some fissidens I just bought (squee! I love new plants!).

Bought all the shipping materials I am sending for rehoming bettas to me, and assembled the insulated box.

Last edited by VJM; 03-26-2013 at 08:41 PM.
VJM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 02:41 AM   #13 
Blue Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeautifulBetta123 View Post
I hauled my but out of bed at 11:50 to feed my fish, I am behind on water changes by three days because I am so sick, running a fever and throwing up my gut :(
The fry tank needs a water change but I can't get out of bed. I attempted to do a water change but after 30 seconds o holding the syphon hose I was so dizzy I dumped the water back in the tank and threw up in the bathroom. Oh my life.
I can barely move :o
Although I am almost finished all the Pirates of the Caribbean movies although I have slept through most of each one. Maybe tomorrow I will watch as many Lord Of The Ring movies as possible.
You poor thing! There is a nasty 'flu going around (at least here in the southern US), that *wasn't* covered by the 'flu shot. :P We've seen tons of cases at work...so you're not alone? Not that that's any comfort. ;)
But, I hope you are feeling better soon!
Blue Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 02:45 AM   #14 
Tikibirds

Not a damn thing..I did the 7 Water changes yesterday
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 02:49 AM   #15 
Blue Fish

I finished setting up Roslyn's new 10 gallon tank, put him in, watched him swim, and swim, and swim, and swim...and then scare the bejeepers out of his neighbor, Emmett. Poor little Emmett...he's just so shy. I keep hoping he's going to learn to be tough! :) Roslyn finally settled down and tucked himself in behind the sponge on his filter. He's crammed in there like a little blue and pink sardine, but he's happy. ;)

Duncan actually swam over and looked for food, so he's getting braver and starting to realize that I bring tasty snacks, not life in a tiny cup. ;)

Everybody else got fed, and I'm in need of a water change for everyone.
Sucked out some baby pond snails in Buckley and Copper's tanks, and fished out a few adults from Geoffrey and Chaucer. Dang things are NEVER going to go away...

Toulouse made a bubblenest in his happiness that Somerset is back from medication/quarantine. He's been floating at full-fin for the last 24 hours. ;) Tiny dork.

Bought some acrylic sheets at Home Depot so that I can *finally* get rid of the plastic wrap over the tops of my tanks. It's going to be a fabulous day when I don't have to unclip saran wrap to feed! ;)
Blue Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 06:08 AM   #16 
Polkadot

Today I said good morning to Peanut,Button & Piglet,turned their lamps on,checked the temperatures & fed them their NLS pellets.Around lunch time I turned their lamps off as there was a nice light coming in the house & it was VERY hot here today.In the evening I switched their lamps back on,fed them their NLS pellets plus 1 freeze dried bloodworm each.I just turned their lamps off a while ago (leaving a desk lamp on nearby) so they could settle down for the night.
Polkadot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 12:38 PM   #17 
Skyewillow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikibirds View Post
Not a damn thing..I did the 7 Water changes yesterday
LMAO! Mine are tomorrow.
Skyewillow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 12:59 PM   #18 
Stone

lets see inspected all 9 tanks....checked to make sure all fish were alive and healthy, fed the 9 tanks of fish, did the water testing on the ones that are newish to make sure they are within tolerances, and some light cleaning in a few......and a 30% water change in the 29 gal sorority tank
Stone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 01:32 PM   #19 
ZubinBetta

Today I took out the resin cave I put in yesterday, as well as the Pineapple House, because Blossom's caudal had two tears that had not been there before. He loved his furniture, but it's just too dangerous, I'm afraid. So I poured some Stresscoat + aloe, as well as some Atison's BettaSPA in the tank. Do coffee mugs on their sides work as "caves"?
ZubinBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 01:50 PM   #20 
Indigo Betta

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZubinBetta View Post
Today I took out the resin cave I put in yesterday, as well as the Pineapple House, because Blossom's caudal had two tears that had not been there before. He loved his furniture, but it's just too dangerous, I'm afraid. So I poured some Stresscoat + aloe, as well as some Atison's BettaSPA in the tank. Do coffee mugs on their sides work as "caves"?
that gives me a idea, but i think maybe coffee mugs are not used because the paint on them could leak into the water and harm the fish, but i'm not sure?
Indigo Betta is offline   Reply With Quote