Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-27-2013, 02:33 PM   #21 
Blue Fish

Anything that is food-grade safe is safe for fishies. :) Coffee mugs make great caves, especially if you let the handle part stay up, and they'll swim through it. :)

You can also leave them straight up (IE, cup standing up as if you were drinking out of it. One of my boys used to curl up and sleep in there, it was really cute. :)
Blue Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 02:43 PM   #22 
Indigo Betta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Fish View Post
Anything that is food-grade safe is safe for fishies. :) Coffee mugs make great caves, especially if you let the handle part stay up, and they'll swim through it. :)

You can also leave them straight up (IE, cup standing up as if you were drinking out of it. One of my boys used to curl up and sleep in there, it was really cute. :)
that's good i might try it out my self, i'll have to find a nice clean mug, thanks for the idea:)
Indigo Betta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 03:35 PM   #23 
aemaki09

Fed everyone, packed and shipped some plants, and rinsed some more sand!
Now I gotta work up some more energy to do a w/c on the fry tank.
aemaki09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 04:08 PM   #24 
Skyewillow

Just fed everybody, and I added some epsom into Mushu and Lillith's digs, because she keeps snuggling the divider to be close to 'Shu, and he keeps nipping her caudal through the divider. Weirdos.

Oh, and threw some food at my poor, starving frogs that have beachball bellies.

Last edited by Skyewillow; 03-27-2013 at 04:10 PM.
Skyewillow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 01:55 PM   #25 
Blue Fish

I changed water yesterday, added in a bit more than normal...went to feed this morning, and discovered that everyone had jumped the dividers and was now living together. AGGGHHHHHH! ;)

Fortunately, only two were really going at it (out of the six)...and no one was injured in their morning tussles...So, I spent the next half hour making and installing taller dividers! ;)

Going to pick up the new 20 gallon for the girls later today, then will be crafting new plants/trees and setting up their new tank. :)
Blue Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 03:43 PM   #26 
farmgirl598

I vacuumed 9 out of my 10 tanks, and set up a new semi-hex 5 gallon for my new lavender, blue, and maroon HM, Chance. HE LOVES his new tank, and he has a new fluval cave in it too. I also did TWO water changes in TieDye's tank, since his heater broke and water got inside it. I also cleaned Angus, Dazzle, Nimbus, Maxximus, Kalika, and Nemo's tanks, as well as the all male guppy tank and the Endler tank. Gotta clean the 10 gallon guppy tank tomorrow. I REALLY enjoy caring for my fishies!
farmgirl598 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 03:55 PM   #27 
finnfinnfriend

I just did a PWC today lol :)
finnfinnfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 03:55 PM   #28 
jesssan2442

today I fed my fish and played with them. Mardi currently has a small case of fin rot so I'm about to do a W/C on him then maybe move him back into his 5g because I put him in the 1g (it is heated) for treatment but he appears to already begun growing his fins back
jesssan2442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 07:48 PM   #29 
amzingaly

Today i moved my betta and my ghost shrimp into a temporary tank so i can take them all back up to college. I also bought new substrate so I'm going to redecorate the tank tomorrow
amzingaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 07:55 AM   #30 
Polkadot

Today was wc day and during each I put a new silk plant in each of my little boys tanks which they all love! They went swimming through them and resting on them. I also changed around one of Button's hideouts & gave him a bell ornament that looks like it's rusted with barnacles on it.He loves caves & went in it almost straight away.Their tanks all look so lovely,I couldn't stop watching them.Also all 3 boys chased the gravel vac today which was very funny & cute.

Last edited by Polkadot; 04-13-2013 at 07:57 AM.
Polkadot is offline   Reply With Quote