Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-06-2008, 12:03 AM   #21 
uluvsweetsdontu

Strangely enough I didn't notice the curved spine until I got him out of the store. Since he was full grown I figured he'd survive. He did until the filter inlet got him. A very strange thing since it is a low flow.
My other tank has a more powerful filter but the inlet is covered in nylon and my betta doesn't seem to mind the current but doesn't make very many bubble nests. Hmmm... Now you've got me thinking.
uluvsweetsdontu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 01:34 AM   #22 
Haeclark

Quote:
Speaking of food you should start feeding him some blood worms weekly this will help his diet and regrowth of his fins. I hope this could help!
I actually had been doing this for my beta Blue Bandit already [anyway], sometimes cutting his food portion, giving him a worm as a "dessert", sometimes just giving him a full worm substitution. Seems the more I give him the worms the better he looks. When I was doing the normal feeding routine as suggested by many here before, he would get better for a few days, then get worse again.
He is now near the end of his current 1 1/2 weeks of no more fin damage, and instead re-growth! xD
I think each fish is to his [or her] own, and thus you cant really follow a certain guild line for all, but instead take is as a place to start then go from there. At least that is what my little guy has proven.
Haeclark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 01:45 AM   #23 
Haeclark

sorry to hear about you little fish Scoli...always sad to loose any kind of pet...but good to hear your still optimistic about them. xD They're fun fish with interesting personalities [to say the least].

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamntbatman View Post
I think a better option is a power filter with an adjustable flow rate.
I have one setup in Blue's 10 gal tank...he doesn't seem to mind it...and actually "shows off" flaring out his gills and fins to the reflection created from the glass and the black background of the filters back. He doesn't do it allot...seems only after feeding when I'm checking him out [I figure he's showing off ;D ]
Haeclark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 03:14 AM   #24 
uluvsweetsdontu

Very sad, thank you. Funny how such small creatures that you can't even touch are so endearing. My original betta, Wildfire is still fine. I hope he's around for quite a while. I definitely got the betta bug and I will probably always have one (at least). They do have their own unique personalities. Wildfire seems to be fond of me and my husband said the fish didn't like it when I was gone for the weekend and he had to feed him instead of me. I'm trying to get rid of fin rot in Wildfire. Maybe the worms will help him get stronger. I'll try it.
uluvsweetsdontu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 08:13 AM   #25 
dramaqueen
Banned

Yes, its easy to get attached to the little guys. It seems like the more bettas I get, the more I want! My Petsmart just got a new shipment of bettas the other day and I would have loved to get 2 or 3 more. I'm totally addicted. Haahaa
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
betta, filter, shredded fins