Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-04-2008, 01:43 PM   #1 
missmila

Question Inflamed Gill HELP!!!

For the past two days one of my Bettas has not been so well. Horn Rimmed Glasses is his name and his left gill is sticking out a bit. Not all the way out but maybe almost half way out. I don't see any parasites or discoloration, although his gill is a dark almost black so redness would be hard to indicate. He is not breathing abnormally. He has not been acting any differently. No darting or rubbing on things.

I'm wondering what the heck could be wrong with him. Like I mentioned before he has been his normal self so I cant think of what it could be. Please any suggestions or advice.

I've had H.R.G. since September in the same set up. He is in a 5.5g filtered tank alone. There are some live plants (java moss and something else I can't recall the name of right now) in there with him with red fluorite substrate. He has a heater and is kept around 80 degrees. I do a 25% water change once a week. I do not have a test kit as of right now so I don't know all those stats.

Any advice or suggestions will be greatly apprciated by me and H.R.G.

Last edited by missmila; 12-04-2008 at 01:49 PM.
missmila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 01:52 PM   #2 
Kim

Sometimes bettas get popped gill covers. There is nothing that you can do for it, but it doesn't affect them. I'd say if all else is well, then this may be your answer.
Kim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 03:49 PM   #3 
missmila

ty for responding.
missmila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 11:59 AM   #4 
Kim

No problem :)
Kim is offline   Reply With Quote