Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-26-2013, 10:27 PM   #1 
Bombalurina

Finally, progress

Whoops, totally meant to post this in the Chat section, not the lounge. Sorry, mods!

Some of you may know that Odysseus has been suffering from fin rot. It's also possible he had internal parasites, as for a while he refused all food, hid from everyone and got really skinny (his hiding was the reason I couldn't tell he had fin rot - he literally would not come out). Basically, he was in a real state, with only a centimetre and a half left of his beautiful halfmoon butterfly tail and no fatter than a piece of string. Callisatra really gave me a lot of help with my sick fish. :)

He's finally stopped hiding and is eating like a pig on a diet of Attison's and freshly killed mosquitos. He's gained his weight back and is swimming around like a curious fish. He'll come and inspect me when I enter the room instead of freaking out and trying to bury into the substrate. Two days ago I started flaring him and he's started bubblenesting again. Although his fins aren't growing back and still have a wierd, scabby black edge, the other symptoms are gone and he's remarkably healthy once more. I'm so happy because I honestly thought he was going to die. I'm still treating him for fin rot, and I'm really hopeful that this turn-around in behaviour will finally help him regrow his tail (it's been like this almost two months now).

Just had to share my joy at his recovery. :) Most bettas that get sick around here just don't seem to recover, so this is huge. :)
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 12:01 AM   #2 
veggiegirl

Oh congratulations!!!!!!! that is such great news!!!!!!!!!
veggiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 04:45 AM   #3 
Romad
TFK Moderator

I love success stories. I hope he continues to heal and grows those fins back. Good luck.
Romad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 03:33 PM   #4 
Bombalurina

Thanks guys, and thank you for the little bouncy people, Romad. :) On a side note, my little rat D'Artagnan also seems to be recovering, at long last!
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 02:48 AM   #5 
Blue Fish

Yay!!
Blue Fish is offline   Reply With Quote