Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-28-2013, 08:20 AM   #59931 
Sparrowhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by djembekah View Post
He's GORGEOUS Sparrowhawk!!
honestly if your tank is that planted i think a snail woukd do fine. I've got a not quite as planted 5.5 gallon with a betta, five ghost shrimp and a million snails that's just fine! Needs more plants but the group is okay. might toss a baby apple in this summer actually. along with more plants

also i have seriously got the body mod bug. i just lack funds SIGH.
Posted via Mobile Device
Thankie! :D

Hmm, that's good news. By the sounds of what I've been reading here and there, I've been seriously underestimating my stocking options based on the plants. Which is kind of awesome! I hope the shrimp I get in the future have the sense that the current glass shrimp do, or at least the speed, heh. Sometimes the boys give chase, but quickly give up because they just can't move fast enough once the shrimp has caught on to what the fish is doing and gone into flight mode.

As for the body mod bug... Tell me about it! The only thing stopping me from continuing the plan I've had since I was very young is my grandma. She hates piercings and tattoos, and since I've already got plenty of metal (I've taken half of my facial ones out though) and six tattoos, I kinda have to stop for the time being. Doing a piercing course doesn't help with the urge to get modded, haha! We need models for the practical component of the course, and I wish I could just volunteer to be a model for my classmates, but I think my grandmother would kill me, both for getting metal and for getting pierced by trainees (the latter of which is a silly fear, we're studying under one of the top piercers in the state, and being fully supervised by them during all prac days). Wahhhh! Heh.
Sparrowhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 09:35 AM   #59932 
Laki

Wow, white bettta is white! Congrats! (the only white ones I ever saw here were marbles, which there;s nothing wrong with!)

Tiki, your snail.... it's a monster!!

Presentation yesterday went blergghh. It was good I only presented for 3 of my classmates and the prof lol. It's a history seminar and there's a total of 7 students in it. I have a LONG ways to go on my paper which makes me feel like the 8 hours I spent writing it Tuesday was all in vain.

One of my RCS died last night. I don't know what happened now I'm worried about the rest!
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 11:22 AM   #59933 
Sakura8

Sparrowhawk, he's gorgeous!

Laki, sorry about your RCS. And it's good there were only 4 people there, right? I got nervous when there was a lot of people I had to present something to.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 11:47 AM   #59934 
Silverfang

Laki, Aquariums 101 has a trio of pure white females, and a stark white male. But they are expensive with EE genes. He's trying to breed.
Silverfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 11:54 AM   #59935 
Laki

haha yes Sakura. I'm no longer really shy like I used to be but when I need to present I blank. Everything I rehearsed in my head disappears and I'm caught on the spot trying to improvise :< I hate it. I need to get involved with Toast Masters over the summer so I'll be okay when I get into education.

Silverfang.... GFRKnwtu;b;erkvnbeuqbgkj e for real?!?! wow. I need to go up and look.
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 12:05 PM   #59936 
Hadoken Kitty

Laki, are you going to be a teacher? For adults or kids? I've found that presenting anything to children is 100 times easier than presenting things to adults.

Crash studying before this quiz. I think I've got this, but I just want to be sure.
Hadoken Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 12:06 PM   #59937 
Silverfang

Oh Laki, if you still want another boy, I'm looking into picking up a new tank so cranky isn't cramped up
Silverfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 12:06 PM   #59938 
Sakura8

Good luck on your quiz, Kitty. I hope you feel better today.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 12:12 PM   #59939 
Hadoken Kitty

Thank you, Sakura. (: It's not for another few hours. It starts at 1:00 (it's 11:11 now), but all of the extra studying can't hurt! I'm holding down food easier today! My stomach is still a little whacky, but it's a definite improvement.
Hadoken Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 12:30 PM   #59940 
BeautifulBetta123
Banned

Morning. I want apple snails the size of baseballs :)
Posted via Mobile Device
BeautifulBetta123 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
0_o, banana !!, bettathanyou, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese