Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-28-2013, 02:29 PM   #59951 
djembekah

I need to figure out how to schedule classes for work. bah. too confused on that business. sigh.

hungry. sleepy. i need to buy prime.
Posted via Mobile Device
djembekah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 02:31 PM   #59952 
Sakura8

That last was one of the more random sentences I've seen. :)
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 02:34 PM   #59953 
Silverfang

Blanched zucchini and they still go for tender, juicy stems. So far no munching on my two new plants. Hope they don't find Madagascar lace appetizing. Ugh, spell check got everything but THAT!!
Silverfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 02:40 PM   #59954 
thekinetic

I hate teachers and it's only grown worse with age. I swear if my niece spouts one more piece of nonesence given to her via the tearcher's own opinions and beliefs I'm gonna go there and go off on her. They don't even teach them anything in any grade, all they do is touch on a few things. They never discussed Vietnam, never talked why the civil war was REALLY fought (FYI it was states rights NOT slavery), nothing. All they do is obsess over standardized tests and turning children into brainwashed drones.

It's ok between my brother, my dad, and I we're teaching her and my nephews to question everything and never stop thinking for themselves!

Did I mention I'm having a horrible week! >.<*
thekinetic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 02:41 PM   #59955 
xjenuhfur

Quote:
Originally Posted by djembekah View Post
I need to figure out how to schedule classes for work. bah. too confused on that business. sigh.

hungry. sleepy. i need to buy prime.
Posted via Mobile Device
Classes: either take them really early or take night classes. Most classes are available at either time. When you get higher up in your classes they will all be on Tues/Thurs at 2PM. :P
xjenuhfur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 02:46 PM   #59956 
Laki

Categorizing all teachers that way is a little unfair. :/ If I teach in North America I will challenge the students to think for themselves based on their age. HOWEVER, teachers have A LOT to do! They have to keep a classroom with upwards of 30 students (from different learning stages, mind you) on the school boards curriculum and have them all prepared for passing onto the next grade. Meanwhile, teachers have to put up with parents, sossy spoiled kids, and their superiors. Sure, you can hate a teacher's methods but behind those opinionated lecture plans are real people who made a decision to try and make a difference in kids' lives. Teachers structure their lecture plans around what is required by school boards.
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 03:09 PM   #59957 
Sakura8

Well, the education system in the States is a little messed up to be honest. I've had some great teachers and some . . . not so great teachers. To be fair, I never experienced the variety of teachers most kids have in high school because I only had one teacher for all four years. So I might have ended up with some lousy ones if I'd gone to a traditional high school.

But yes, in the States they are very selective about some of the things they teach. Even in World History, everything is like "how the United States affected the world." Not much is said about other countries that isn't about the United States somehow.

Anyway, I'm being yelled at to get ready for lunch so now I have to go.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 03:30 PM   #59958 
Hadoken Kitty

Today sucks. I'm going to crawl into a ball now and go cry for the rest of today. I might take a lot of bathroom breaks at work, since I can barely hold it together (like, not cry all the time).
Hadoken Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 04:17 PM   #59959 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

Sorry about your day hk. Feel better soon.

I think it's really awful to generalize all teachers like that. I have had some great teachers (one of my social studies teachers literally changed the way I look at things) and to be fair, I have had a couple not so great teachers. My parents are teachers and I have a lot of other family that works in education, so I am bias here. I obviously can not speak for America also.
MattsBettas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 04:45 PM   #59960 
Laki

I heard USA curriculum is very close minded on world affairs actually. But still.. Instead of blaming school teachers, blame the system. The teachers are probably (and probably deservingly so,) frustrated.

I had some great teachers too. My hs history teacher changed my worldview.

Just found out my sister's childhood friend's parents' had a house fire. Her mother is in ICU :( I feel bad even though I don't know her parents.
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
0_o, banana !!, bettathanyou, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese