Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Spawn Logs
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-27-2013, 01:25 PM   #211 
Xaltd1

Ugh- I've had bronchitis for 8 days straight! Good to know I have company! Everything tastes like tinfoil, my ears are popping & nothing helps. I swear I'm going to cough up a lung! At least I'm losing weight (I hope).
I'm enjoying the "eye candy" factor in this post. Since my own spawn went bust, I can enjoy this one. I LOVE the bright blue color. While my banana male has blue mist streaks in his tail, I'd like to see a strong yellow & blue marble. I'm sure there's a genetic reason that this can't happen, like you can't have orange & black on a male cat b/c of the chromosome location... I'm rambling today & have SO MUCH tank maintenance when I'd rather be sleeping...
Xaltd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 08:28 PM   #212 
DragonFyre14

I totally know how you feel. I'm just getting over both Bronchitis and Laryngitis. Hope you feel better soon
DragonFyre14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 08:40 PM   #213 
aemaki09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaltd1 View Post
Ugh- I've had bronchitis for 8 days straight! Good to know I have company! Everything tastes like tinfoil, my ears are popping & nothing helps. I swear I'm going to cough up a lung! At least I'm losing weight (I hope).
I'm enjoying the "eye candy" factor in this post. Since my own spawn went bust, I can enjoy this one. I LOVE the bright blue color. While my banana male has blue mist streaks in his tail, I'd like to see a strong yellow & blue marble. I'm sure there's a genetic reason that this can't happen, like you can't have orange & black on a male cat b/c of the chromosome location... I'm rambling today & have SO MUCH tank maintenance when I'd rather be sleeping...

Aww, Im sorry you have it too! I probably haven't lost much weight, but atleast I'm getting plenty of rest!

This spawn is kind of a bust IMO, It was really small, maybe about 30-40 max starting out and now I maybe have like 20 max from it, and since the dad passed away I really can't repeat to get a larger one or line breed to get better coloring. I guess we'll see how coloring turns out.
aemaki09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 09:51 PM   #214 
Alcemistnv

I'm sure that even with such a small number of fry, you'll have one just like daddy :)
And ever oyher one is going to be stunning!!!

So even if it's one fry or 500 this will be a good batch :)
Because your dad and mom was stunning so therefore the babies will definitely be
Alcemistnv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 10:11 PM   #215 
aemaki09

Thanks alcemistnv. I'm sure they will be stunning, but it seems like most people are wanting one like dad, which I'm sure will be hard to accommodate because I'll most likely keep any that look like anything like him to keep the colors going, if there is even any that look like him. I have read a bit into color genetics and it seems most likely that I'll end up with mostly white with blue fish or vice versa, probably a very small amount of yellow
aemaki09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 10:14 PM   #216 
Alcemistnv

Aww :(
Well I mean, breeder gets priority obviously for the spawn :)

I actually think I'm more interested in the mom to be honest!
The colors are actually more appealing to me, even thought that dad is stunning himself xD
Old 03-27-2013, 10:33 PM   #217 
Xaltd1

I'm so sorry about Dad. I still have my pair, although I spontaneously lost my white HM female, Flake, which I had hoped to breed next. Weird.
Xaltd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 01:09 PM   #218 
Skyewillow

I'm probably the only one with her fingers crossed for some spots. I think Mom is goooorgeous! (Dad was pretty stunning too (SIP)) But I love Koi and the way they look, and how they sometimes marble out. -glares at Mushu-

I'm hoping you get at least one with Dad's colors though.
Skyewillow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 02:10 PM   #219 
Alcemistnv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyewillow View Post
I'm probably the only one with her fingers crossed for some spots. I think Mom is goooorgeous! (Dad was pretty stunning too (SIP)) But I love Koi and the way they look, and how they sometimes marble out. -glares at Mushu-

I'm hoping you get at least one with Dad's colors though.
Spots are definitely adorable :)
Old 03-28-2013, 02:43 PM   #220 
Skyewillow

Yes, yes they are. Whatever they end up being, I'll be happy though ^_^
Skyewillow is offline   Reply With Quote