Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-28-2013, 04:59 PM   #1 
Alcemistnv

baby betta questions...again!

So I'm thinking of getting yet another Petco baby when I go to the store and do my shopping.

Now I am clearly not going to do what I'm about to ask without a 100% positive response because I know this can be touxhy.

I currently have a baby already and considering his size, and the fact that he is still without a clear gender, that he's easily very young. If I get anither baby, would it be possible to put the two of them in a 5 gallon together, or is it best to keep them separated by the divider?

Only asking mainly because I'm curious but I'm not really going to do it unless its completely possible.
Alcemistnv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 05:01 PM   #2 
Otterfun

no, i saw one at Petco that the staff mistakenly put 2 babies in the same container and stronger one with aggression bars is picking on the weaker one.

As most resources will confirm, they start young in terms of being aggressive and territorial regardless of gender.

You may want to put two cups side by side and look for reactions.
Otterfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 05:05 PM   #3 
LebronTheBetta

I think it's better divided... I know your other baby, Envy, is a boy. I look through threads even though I don't post. ^^" Their aggressiveness starts to show once they reach the 4-6 week mark. You don't want to risk it do you?

Besides, if they were both girls, I don't think they would get along with each other anyways. You know, minimum of 4 girls. x.x If I were you, I wouldn't risk it. :)
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 05:05 PM   #4 
Alcemistnv

Okay that makes sense.
I'm not completely knowledgeable of betta behavior in relation to their age so I was assuming iT wasn't until much later.

I mean as I said, I wasn't going to do it unless I got a "yea its completely possible! I do it all the time" response lol
Old 03-28-2013, 11:29 PM   #5 
Myates

It will depend largely on the fish themselves.. since Envy has been alone for some time now I wouldn't recommend it. The longer they are alone, the more aggressive the betta gets (regardless of gender/age/size). So I honestly wouldn't try it, as Envy would most likely turn on the new one. Divided will be fine though. If purchased at the same time you may of been able to attempt, but since you've had Envy for a month now alone, I wouldn't risk it.
Myates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 11:35 PM   #6 
Alcemistnv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myates View Post
It will depend largely on the fish themselves.. since Envy has been alone for some time now I wouldn't recommend it. The longer they are alone, the more aggressive the betta gets (regardless of gender/age/size). So I honestly wouldn't try it, as Envy would most likely turn on the new one. Divided will be fine though. If purchased at the same time you may of been able to attempt, but since you've had Envy for a month now alone, I wouldn't risk it.
okay :)

I'm happy that the divided plan will work. I was afraid that it's one of those forbidden things to do, putting two babies together xD
Old 04-02-2013, 11:05 PM   #7 
GaryJ73167

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcemistnv View Post
So I'm thinking of getting yet another Petco baby when I go to the store and do my shopping.

Now I am clearly not going to do what I'm about to ask without a 100% positive response because I know this can be touxhy.

I currently have a baby already and considering his size, and the fact that he is still without a clear gender, that he's easily very young. If I get anither baby, would it be possible to put the two of them in a 5 gallon together, or is it best to keep them separated by the divider?

Only asking mainly because I'm curious but I'm not really going to do it unless its completely possible.
Do all Petco's have baby Betta's? I have been in my local Petco in Pennsylvania a number of times and have yet to see a baby. Just curious.
GaryJ73167 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 11:14 PM   #8 
LillieCharlotte

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryJ73167 View Post
Do all Petco's have baby Betta's? I have been in my local Petco in Pennsylvania a number of times and have yet to see a baby. Just curious.
I've never seen any at my Petco, nor have I seen it listed on their price guide of available bettas
LillieCharlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 12:01 AM   #9 
Snoeflayke

I've seen them at 2 of 3 of my local Petcos. I haven't checked the 4th yet.

Yeah, I'm spoiled by pet stores...
Snoeflayke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 12:09 AM   #10 
Otterfun

They have it in s. ca.
Otterfun is offline   Reply With Quote