Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Planted Betta Tanks
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-28-2013, 12:15 AM   #21 
Sea Dragon

Wow it's already been a month, where has the time gone :'D

It's always the top shots that look the best.. The pennywort has sprouted a whole bunch of leaves ever since I upgraded the lighting.

Me trying to block my flash because the glare/reflection is so bad (I tried doing it without the flash and the reflection was even worse)

As you can see, the pennywort is getting way to tall for my tank xD It's overcrowding the top, I should propagate soon but it's so hard to find a good place to cut and I don't have a lot of ground area left that gets a decent amount of light. My bulb is like 10 inches from the surface of the water because I only have a tall pole lamp. What I would do to have a normal desk lamp sighh :/

Creeping jenny and wisteria are growing decently well... A bit unevenly but that can't be helped... yet lol. The tank doesn't look as lush since I took the pics during the night and thats when the wisteria closes up to sleep haha.

Half the bacopa died so i just sorta gave up on that. The spindly stems are unsightly and I wish I planted the pennywort in the back :U

Last edited by Sea Dragon; 03-28-2013 at 12:26 AM.
Sea Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 05:16 PM   #22 
ao
TFK Moderator

I personally love floating pennywort more than it as a stem ^_^ i think you should leave it :D
ao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 09:51 AM   #23 
Agility4fun

The floating pennywort is lovely.

Try to angle your camera slightly upwards or downwards to avoid the glare.
Agility4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 06:42 PM   #24 
Sea Dragon

I left a little pennywort floating out of pure frustration :P That plant does not root well at all!

Relocated some of the pennywort, trimmed and planted the wisteria. Here are more pics of the tank and its residents. I uploaded some of these at my thread in the Betta Pictures Section bc I just cant get over how cute my little Fuji Apple is |D;

As you can see, I have an algae (diatoms?) problem. Would liquid carbon help out?
Sea Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote