Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-28-2013, 01:52 PM   #1 
Stone

Do not order from Custom Aqua Arts

I have been making some aquarium decor for my tanks and needed some hot glue gun sticks, I looked around locally but most of the sticks i saw were not very specific on if they were non-toxic or aquarium safe, so I found these at amazon http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...&psc=1.....now mind you this is so little money who cares I ordered them and they were a bit of a slow shipper no biggie, they arrived I open the package and inside is the receipt and a ziplock snack sized baggie with the glue sticks in it. No packaging no label no nothing, I contact the seller and say" hey how do I know these are safe without a label saying that they are?" their reply was basically we buy these in bulk of 10k and do not have labels for all the packages and to "trust them" In order to get a refund I would have to ship them back to get a refund per their rules and paying 3 dollars shipping to get 2 dollars back makes no sense to me especially when I have already paid for the shipping once, so I wrote a bad review of them on amazon said I do not want my money back or the item replaced and the like. They kept on emailing me because they want 100% customer satisfaction, do you want a refund? do you want a replacement? I do not want either I just reserve the right to give your company a bad review is my response, Now they are going to send someone to deliver them over the weekend to me...I told them I'll refuse shipment or throw them away if they are delivered and I am not home, what is so hard to understand that I don't want the money back or more glue sticks I am not going to use? If they were smart they would just refund my money, it's not like I can stop them from refunding it......it is what I would do if I were them and move on, they even resorted to calling me bitter and hateful, it was pretty amusing lol
Stone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 01:57 PM   #2 
tekkguy

I don't know if their product description was changed or not, but the description clearly states they are from a bulk package and not in original packaging.

That being said, clear hot glue is generally safe, though it may break down after long exposure to the water/waste of the aquarium.
tekkguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 01:59 PM   #3 
Stone

They changed the description because of this, and would you just take their word for it?
Old 03-28-2013, 06:30 PM   #4 
tekkguy

I probably would, yes ... but then again, like I said, most clear hot glue is safe.

It's probably far cheaper in the long run to get a tube of silicone at Home Depot and use that, though.
Old 03-28-2013, 08:11 PM   #5 
LittleBlueFishlets

+1 on the tube of silicone. (I got mine at Lowe's though!)

However, I'm having issues getting the silicone to stay attached to objects that are made of either smooth plastic or other silicone (suction cups). It has worked great on other objects though.
LittleBlueFishlets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 09:20 PM   #6 
Stone

I wanted to hot glue to use because it sets faster to hold stuff together, and yes silicone doesn't always stick to things all that great
Old 03-28-2013, 09:21 PM   #7 
Stone

Quote:
Originally Posted by tekkguy View Post
I probably would, yes ... but then again, like I said, most clear hot glue is safe.

It's probably far cheaper in the long run to get a tube of silicone at Home Depot and use that, though.
even in this reply you say most but you would still trust them.........
Old 03-28-2013, 09:58 PM   #8 
tekkguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone View Post
even in this reply you say most but you would still trust them.........
I say most because I detest the word "all" ... let me put it this way - if I bought a package of hot glue sticks at the store that were CLEAR (not white or colored), I would use them even if they didn't say Aquarium Safe (as long as they didn't say "not for aquarium use").