Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Meet the Betta Keepers
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-14-2013, 12:50 AM   #1 
bniebetta

Hello (better late than never)!!

Hi everyone, I think I have already met a lot of you but I have noticed a lot of new members introducing themselves and I realized I haven't yet because of how little I was involved at fist as well as my lack of knowledge on how/where to post, etc. I'll introduce my fishies and give some general info on me.

Cinna- My red veiltail is named Cinna because I thought "Cinnamon" would be a great name because of his color, and then I thought of the character in the Hunger Games. I think this character shares a lot of qualities of the betta, so I shortened the name to Cinna to sort of serve both functions. He is a very big fish and has a lot of attitude. Almost every time you visit him you are greeted with a gill flare (he actually reminds me of that poison spitting dinosaur on Jurassic Park). He loves bubbles and watching me cook. He is displaying a new and irrational fear of the color teal.

Squirt/Smurf (for now)- My royal blue masked crowntail is very tiny and was a rescue from Wal-Mart. After I noticed he was in his cup for an extended period of time, I decided to take him home and heal his finrot and/or bitten tail. He seems very happy and blows even bigger bubble nests than my adult veiltail. He hardly ever flares at anyone and is just as sweet as can be. He seems to love people and staring contests, and responds well to country music. His favorite thing to do is snooze in his tall plant. The reason his name is mostly undecided is because my boyfriend calls him smurf, but I have been calling him Squirt until I come up with something really awesome and unique.

About Me- I am pretty new to betta keeping. One day the bug bit me before I even got a betta when my mother had a tiny fishbowl lying around that someone had given to her. I started thinking about how it would be cool to have a fish, and started asking my friends and family what kind they think i should get. Someone suggested a betta, which got me looking things up online and absolutely falling in love with them.

I now have a desire to become a betta welfare advocate, and have lots of ideas on how to get started. I also have other ideas for betta products I'd like to patent and business possibilities I would love to pursue. At this point in my life few things make me more happy than betta keeping, and I hope to own one of each tail type eventually. I am also interested in breeding but right now I don't have the means.

I am an English major and love to write fiction and poetry (especially poetry lately). I love cooking and finding bargains, and most of all listening to music of all kinds. I am a total closet nerd and would gladly get tattoos of the Triforce, deathly hallows symbol, and elven script (just kidding, that's a little extreme but sometimes I fantasize do about it). I absolutely love video games, everything from Mariokart to Call of Duty to Skyrim, but I would have to say that my favorite on a usual day would be Minecraft! The only other thing I can think of that is worth knowing is that I have an unusual amount of giraffe paraphernalia/decor in my house (long story).

Well, unless I haven't met anyone yet or anyone has anything they want to ask me about, I think that's it!

Love this forum <3
Attached Images

bniebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 03:09 PM   #2 
Oldfishlady

Welcome to the forum and to the wonderful world of Betta keeping....

Nice to meet you....
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 11:08 AM   #3 
waterdog

Welcome to Bettas R Us!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Glad to have you aboard!
waterdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 01:59 AM   #4 
Jams

Good luck on your career hopes. I am also new to the forum so I dont feel comfortable saying welcome however it is nice to meet you!
Jams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 02:13 AM   #5 
veggiegirl

Hello bniebetta and welcome! Your bettas are beautiful. I couldn't help but notice that you have plastic plants in your bettas tanks....... be warned, plastic plants are horrible culprits when it comes to catching and tearing bettas fragile fins. Live plants or silk plants are a much safer option
veggiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 11:04 AM   #6 
Agility4fun

Welcome Bniebetta!

Lovely fish you have!
Agility4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 08:39 PM   #7 
shushcat

Welcome, Bniebetta! Cinna and Smurf are too cute!

Haha you should create a video game themed tank because you're going to think about your tanks more, and your bettas are just going to buy all these things, and you're just going to grow sicker and sicker with the betta flu, and if you create a tank like that and take lots of pics maybe it will stymie my desire to create a Minecraft themed one...

shushcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 10:31 PM   #8 
BeautifulBetta123
Banned

Welcome to bettafish.com!
Your bettas are very pretty!
BeautifulBetta123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 11:37 PM   #9 
bniebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by shushcat View Post
maybe it will stymie my desire to create a Minecraft themed one...

OMG. I JUST DIED A LITTLE! How did I not think of thatttttt!!!
bniebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 09:52 AM   #10 
shushcat

I wonder what block-based material would be safe for fish...hahaha!
shushcat is offline   Reply With Quote