Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-28-2013, 04:31 PM   #21 
bettacrazygirl86

My girl was digging up the Corkscrew Val I planted in her side of the tank. I joke and say she's treasure hunting, because she's totally missing the plant but thinks she's going to dig it up anyway.
bettacrazygirl86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 04:49 PM   #22 
Perseusmom
TFK Moderator

Perseus seems to know his name, he will be hiding somewhere is his tank and I call his name and he peeks at me from behind a leave or something its so cute...lol I also make the fishy face at him and sometimes he will do it back at me, he is very smart.

He also sees very well and notices everything around his tank and I have to be careful what I sit there because some things he does not like. He doesnt like the jar with a blue lib on it, the NLS pellet jar he goes wild when he sees it and flares at it...lol I have to hid it when I feed him cause if he sees it he will not eat and swims away.

I have heard people say Bettas are water puppies and to me they really seem like they are, Perseus still amazes me and I never tire of watching him. I have had him over 10 months now and still each morning feels like Christmas cause I am so excited to see him and he knows when I come into the room where he is and swims over to greet me. I love my Betta !!!!
Perseusmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 09:00 PM   #23 
Melodica

My boy who was recently sick has gotten to where he'll sometimes flare at me when I look into his tank. He never did that before, so it's kinda weird, but funny.

Once one of my boys scared the mess out of me. I was looking in the tank at the filter or something, then when I looked back to where the fish was, his face was almost pressed up against the glass and he was flaring. I actually shrieked and jumped back. I got the impression that he was laughing to himself as he swam away. Such personality in their small packages!
Melodica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 09:03 PM   #24 
PetMania

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadaBlu View Post
I have 3 fish in close proximity to each other but separate tanks. I call their name and tell them how pretty they are. They generally only start getting more excited and wiggly (each time) when I specifically say their name.

It also seems like they can see fairly well if I start feed one that is a good distance away the other fish does his I am excited I am going to get fed dance. This does not occur until I pickup the food container and open the other tank.
My fish did that, sorta. If I came any where near the tank, he would swim up and get all excited. He would freak out for food, too.
PetMania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 09:45 PM   #25 
Artemis

I ADORE the wiggle dance!!! Only Rossi does it but it is when I say hi for the first time in the morning or before bed. Not with food though. It's adorable. Finn just swims up and pokes his head up for air, faces me, and blows a bubble. Then he gets food but if he doesn't see it, he gets really MAD and starts flipping his side and back and tail out of the water until you stick it in front of his face.
Artemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 09:49 PM   #26 
Allirane

Whenever I look at Thyeo, he swings his head and looks at me. We stare at each other for a while and he'll just look at me. It's hilarious. I've gotten him to where I can open the lid and shake the pellets. He zooms to the top and waits right by the filter. :) IT'S ADORABLE. I have tried calling him by name, but he just looks at me like, "Not today, honey" Haha :)
Allirane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 09:50 PM   #27 
Allirane

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetMania View Post
My fish did that, sorta. If I came any where near the tank, he would swim up and get all excited. He would freak out for food, too.
Mine too :) I love it :) His guppy gal pals do the same, but they're kind of more crazy...
Allirane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 09:55 PM   #28 
PetMania

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allirane View Post
Mine too :) I love it :) His guppy gal pals do the same, but they're kind of more crazy...
haha. So are my platys. when my betta was in there, they made him look slow and old. crazy fishes....
PetMania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 05:33 AM   #29 
Polkadot

I have my 3 little boys in separate tanks next to each other too (with dividers between them) and I swear they know their names,I really believe they do.I talk to them all the time and they come straight to the front whenever they see me walk in the room,they can also all see me through the nearby window when I'm outside & when I tap on the window & call them they swim to the back to see what I'm doing.Also when I'm in the room on the computer or playing video games or something they swim around watching me & sometimes I'll look over & they'll just be sitting on their leaf hammock watching.Cuties!
Polkadot is online now   Reply With Quote