Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Contests
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-24-2013, 12:10 PM   #31 
JBonez423

What about if she's still in the healing process? I'll wait until the 1st to take my final picture and enter and all that, but she's got really torn fins. If they're not completely healed, does that take points away? I just got her. =P
JBonez423 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 12:40 PM   #32 
Otterfun

Photo of my Finn anyways =D

Username: Otterfun
Fish Name: Finn
Type: Halfmoon
Sex: Male
Color: Turquoise Blue Iridescence Butterfly Dragon Scale

mine was zooming by when I took this. He was a Petco rescue, came with hole in the head, treated with Maracyn II + AQ Salt for 10 days, he's always been a fiesty boy, flaring all the time even when he had HITH. This is after he's healed of HITH
Otterfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 02:17 AM   #33 
Otterfun

oh, full flare

Old 03-27-2013, 03:07 AM   #34 
Luimeril

okay. 8V i gots a great rescue. i adopted them, but it was my friend that physically rescued them. they were in a half gallon tank with stinky, gross, super dirty water, and it was either she saved them, or they got flushed. it was decided from the start that i'd take them in, but she held onto them while they healed up. i'm only entering Coop, since he's the one that went through the biggest change.

before:

and, the most recent photo i have of him after coming into my care:
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 05:46 AM   #35 
Starfish1

This is Star. He was living in horrible conditions at Petsmart. There was a lot of debris floating around is his cup and it was so cloudy that you could barely see the fish. I told the lady in the fish dept that bettas cannot live in dirty water like this and she didn't care and said they would get their water changed next week. So I took two little guys home. The 2nd picture is him in his 3 gal bowl.
Attached Images

Last edited by Starfish1; 03-27-2013 at 05:49 AM.
Starfish1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 08:27 PM   #36 
bserrano2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bserrano2 View Post
This is Renji, a red male veil tail. I bought him at my local petland discounts in January. I knew when i walked into the store i wanted to leave with a fish but i wasnt planning on getting a betta, but when the guy told me it was the best thing to have in a bowl I said why don't I just take a look. Renji was on the highest shelf in a small cramped bowl and he was the first and only fish i looked at. I thought about it walked around the store and then on impulse went back to where he was, and seeing his pale orange self i said why not maybe i can give him a better place to live. I brought him home with me placed him in a 1-gallon bowl and he wouldn't eat for about a week i got nervous starting looking up stuff. Turned out he had fin rot. So i went to petco got everything he needed, including a nice filtered 2.5 gal tank and in about 3 weeks he became this beautiful vibrant bright red betta that I'm honestly glad i saved.

For some reason im having issues uploading pictures so heres the link to my album. I have pictures from when i first got Renji in January and another more recent photo.
http://www.bettafish.com/album.php?albumid=5635

Finally I was able to upload pics!!! The first one is when I got Renji in January and the second is from this month.
Attached Images

bserrano2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 07:45 AM   #37 
bettafishgirl

I'm planning on entering my Pericles, once he gets settled. That poor fellow was also rescued from Petsmart, lots of debris gathering in the water. Tiny cup, by the way. And he did not seem healthy at all. But, I still got him and it was a good decision, he is alive and kicking it and we are upgrading his tank Sunday!

-PICTURE COMING SOON-
bettafishgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 10:51 AM   #38 
madmonahan

Nooo! I really want to enter but I have'nt gotten the chance to get a picture of my rescue now! He is now my friends fish and she does'nt take good photos.
I don't know if I will be able to enter on time. :(
madmonahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 11:24 AM   #39 
Otterfun

Quote:
Originally Posted by bserrano2 View Post
Finally I was able to upload pics!!! The first one is when I got Renji in January and the second is from this month.
love the vibrant red.
Old 03-29-2013, 11:31 AM   #40 
alwaysaBettaLover

Name:  DSC_0090_2 (2).jpg
Views: 130
Size:  64.2 KB

This is Thor. I got him from petsmart the day my poor Mooney died. He had fin rot and is still recovering.
alwaysaBettaLover is offline   Reply With Quote