Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-28-2013, 10:50 PM   #11 
jadaBlu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Fish View Post
I've got India Safari, Asian Cherry Blossoms (definitely my favorite), Frog Pond with water lillies, "Two Roads in a Yellow Wood", and working on Light Houses...and something with blue and white delft china...Haven't got those last two quite worked out yet. :)

I love the circus idea!! How totally adorable!! I think you could easily find some pictures online of an old-fashioned circus, print them out (you know, and resize them to the correct length/width of your tank), and use them as a tank backdrop. It doesn't have to go on the inside, you can just tape it to the back, so it doesn't even have to be waterproof.

I know where you can get an elephant. At Hobby Lobby, they have resin elephants in several sizes, and they're safe for aquariums. (I tested it out with my own fish, been in the tank for 6 months, no issues.) If you could find something that looked like a ferris wheel, that would be awesome...I wonder if one of those waterwheel filters could be taken apart and used?
Sorry to jump in on your idea, but I think it could be SOO cute, I had to mention about the elephant, if you're interested in finding one. :)
If you work it out, please, please post pictures, I think it would be so fun to see! :)
I definitely will post when the time comes. I would love to see your tanks as well they sound really cool! I've looking around for resin figures clowns and animals but I didn't think of Hobby Lobby.
jadaBlu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 11:04 PM   #12 
bettafishgirl

I'd like to go for ancient Greek theme soo badly, because all of my fish's names are from the Greeks. (Pericles, Vlademore, Plato) :D

Have the Athenian City, with a separator in the middle for the Spartans!
bettafishgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 12:46 AM   #13 
Kaxen

Since Addie is named after the little girl in Paper Moon. I think a black & white movie theme, with a paper moon of course, would be fun.

Though since I've been a bit obsessed with it recently. I certainly wouldn't mind a Downton Abbey themed tank. Like a backdrop of Highclere Castle and ...I'm not sure what sort of decor that would be... but I'm pretty sure I would need a mini Dowager Countess.
Kaxen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 01:45 PM   #14 
Blue Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettafishgirl View Post
I'd like to go for ancient Greek theme soo badly, because all of my fish's names are from the Greeks. (Pericles, Vlademore, Plato) :D

Have the Athenian City, with a separator in the middle for the Spartans!
LOL! I love the Spartan separator! ;)
Blue Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 01:47 PM   #15 
Blue Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaxen View Post
Since Addie is named after the little girl in Paper Moon. I think a black & white movie theme, with a paper moon of course, would be fun.

Though since I've been a bit obsessed with it recently. I certainly wouldn't mind a Downton Abbey themed tank. Like a backdrop of Highclere Castle and ...I'm not sure what sort of decor that would be... but I'm pretty sure I would need a mini Dowager Countess.
Oh, that could be really, really beautiful! You could do the Castle as the background, and then have your tank as the grounds in front. You could have trees and benches, and a gravel "drive". I think it would be awesome. :) I wonder if you could find benches in dollhouse furniture that might work? You'd have to test them out to see if they'd be safe for fish, but I've found that most acrylic/resin things seem to be tank safe. :) It would be terribly time consuming and I'm sure expensive, but if you could do moss as the grass...that would be really amazing. :)
Old 03-29-2013, 01:50 PM   #16 
Blue Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadaBlu View Post
I definitely will post when the time comes. I would love to see your tanks as well they sound really cool! I've looking around for resin figures clowns and animals but I didn't think of Hobby Lobby.
Thanks! :) One of these days I'll get them all finished, find the camera, find the *batteries* for the camera... ;) and post up pictures. Been meaning to for ages. :)

For resin clowns or other figures, you might try some of the online dollhouse figures? I know that there are some companies that *do* cast the figures out of resin. I do miniatures and dollhouses for family and friends' children, and if I run across any, I'll pass the links on to you. :)
Old 03-29-2013, 01:57 PM   #17 
Elsewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettacrazygirl86 View Post
Once I'm out of college and can get a big tank and more fish and afford everything I need, I want to do a NPT with a Roman/Greek theme. I want to have a sorority and name them after the Greek/Roman goddesses. :) Petsmart has some cool decorations I could get, so that's my plan for after college or when I get my own place. NPT Roman/Greek sorority.
That is actually exactly what I'm doing! I currently only have the set up ready, still need plants and fish, but no sorority... I'm not that experienced yet! XD I might add in a female Betta with the mix of other fish, though :D
Elsewhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 02:05 PM   #18 
rubinthebetta

I wish I could do an Italy theme. Maybe a sunken Leaning Tower of Pisa as a centerpiece...
rubinthebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 02:57 PM   #19 
CrazyDiamond

Holy mother of god YES lol

I would love to put some crystal prisms in Floyd's tank but I can't find any.
CrazyDiamond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 03:07 PM   #20 
bettafishgirl

I'd also like to maybe like create prehistoric times in my tank as in dinosaurs and such. But that would most likely scare the poor fish off xxD Maybe not the best idea.

Wouldn't ya'll love for the peopled from the show 'Tanked' made a tank for you for free? Oh my gosh that is my dream!
bettafishgirl is offline   Reply With Quote