Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-29-2013, 02:54 PM   #1 
JJChocolate88

Should I Feed My Male Betta While Waiting For Eggs to Hatch?

My male betta has been under the bubble nest ever since the spawning, I still can't see anything in the eggs...but its possible there are some in there since he's guarding it so much.

My question is, should I be feeding him while I'm waiting for the eggs to hatch???

because I keep getting mixed answers. Some say that feeding while you're waiting for the fry to hatch can lead to the male eating the eggs, others say it's okay to feed.
JJChocolate88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 03:22 PM   #2 
Myates

Most males won't eat while tending to a nest, why it's vital you condition them properly for a while before breeding. I wouldn't bother - he doesn't eat it then it just will foul up the water, as you don't want to go in there picking up the food and disturbing him. As long as you conditioned him properly then he should be fine.
Myates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 03:32 PM   #3 
Option

Many will say not to feed the male during this time due to fear it might stimulate hunger and cause them to consume their fry....I have always found this theory non-sense and there's never been evidence for this. THOUGH I personally do not feed them while they are tending to their fry because I do not want the father to poop & foul up the water (as mentioned above). Especially since a spawn tank usually does not have a filter on during and shortly after the time of spawning.
Option is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 03:34 PM   #4 
JJChocolate88

okay thanks myates and option
JJChocolate88 is offline   Reply With Quote