Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-28-2013, 11:13 PM   #11 
finnfinnfriend

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBettaFish View Post
Well I would assume most white animals tend to be the first to get eaten/killed in the wild because they stand out.

Wild betta colours tend to be red, darker shades of blue/black and shades of copper/brown.

Anything that is on the opposite end of the spectrum to these are going to be the least natural looking colours.

It seems an unusual request, so was just wondering why you wanted the most domestic looking betta you could find?
Well, I am (most likely) autistic (undiagnosed), and my special interest is pets! :) (my favorite pet being the betta :)) and being autistic means that my brain makes strict rules within my special interest, and one of the rules is that the pet has to be signifigantly different from his wild counterpart. For example, I like my terrier mix, who has floppy ears and a curly tail, I likr fantail goldfish, black and white cats, and veiltail bettas that are _____ color. The only thing is I would like to know of a betta color that is as far from a wild as possible but still not too hard to find at the store (maybe yellow or orange?) so that I can feel secure that I will be able to find one when I need to. I don't really like whites though, because they tend to marble out on people, and I don't like marbles because I just don't like them changing colors...

Sorry for the rambling....Does that all make sense?
finnfinnfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 11:15 PM   #12 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

That makes sense. Orange and yellow are pretty far from wild.
MattsBettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 11:34 PM   #13 
finnfinnfriend

Thanks :) thats what I was thinking too...But then I saw this http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=137970 and was completely confused and a little upset...could anyone explain this to me?
Old 03-29-2013, 12:55 PM   #14 
finnfinnfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnfinnfriend View Post
Thanks :) thats what I was thinking too...But then I saw this http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=137970 and was completely confused and a little upset...could anyone explain this to me?
Does anyone else see my confusion here ^?
Old 03-29-2013, 01:05 PM   #15 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

Yes. That might just be the flash or something. Orange dalmation is pretty far from wild.
MattsBettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 04:56 PM   #16 
finnfinnfriend

Yeah I agree about the orange dalmatians...I love those!

I hope iot was just the flash...That really bothered me.
Old 03-29-2013, 05:04 PM   #17 
LebronTheBetta

Butterflies are also quite far from their wild counterparts. What about salamanders or big ears? You surely don't see big ears in the wild. Their big ears also make it harder to swim. Does the betta have to be a VT? HM seems to be the farthest of the wild splendens. Even CTs.

Just get the spazzy bettas. lol

My sister is autistic, and she's the only sibling I have. She pretty much likes red toys, no matter what they are. I understand. (:
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 05:31 PM   #18 
Skyewillow

I guess I'm a little confused myself as to why it confuses and upsets you to see a wild splendens?

This offers you what they look like in the wild, so now you can decide what' you feel is the farthest from it. I agree that EE's are very far from wild bettas, and something like a salamander too. ^_^
Skyewillow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 06:21 PM   #19 
finnfinnfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyewillow View Post
I guess I'm a little confused myself as to why it confuses and upsets you to see a wild splendens?

This offers you what they look like in the wild, so now you can decide what' you feel is the farthest from it. I agree that EE's are very far from wild bettas, and something like a salamander too. ^_^
What confused me is that every other picture or video I have seen of a wild splenden had a dark body....But then the one in the video I linked has a pale looking body!

Last edited by finnfinnfriend; 03-29-2013 at 06:24 PM.
Old 03-29-2013, 06:24 PM   #20 
finnfinnfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by LebronTheBetta View Post
Butterflies are also quite far from their wild counterparts. What about salamanders or big ears? You surely don't see big ears in the wild. Their big ears also make it harder to swim. Does the betta have to be a VT? HM seems to be the farthest of the wild splendens. Even CTs.

Just get the spazzy bettas. lol

My sister is autistic, and she's the only sibling I have. She pretty much likes red toys, no matter what they are. I understand. (:
I think VTs and CTs have the least wild looking tails. I wouldn't get a EE because it looks like it's very hard to swim like that and I feel bad for them :(

I get the red toy thing. That sounds like something I would have done when I was a kid. How old is your sister?