Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-29-2013, 01:30 PM   #41 
creame172

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishy Mom View Post
I'm in PA. I'm going to ask about who they get their bettas from & states they ship to.
yeah i would like to know too!
creame172 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 01:30 PM   #42 
creame172

i live in TN, btw
Old 03-29-2013, 01:49 PM   #43 
JJChocolate88

those are beautiful fish, i agree with whoever said cambodian and copper because i googled the pictures and they look similar to yours. I am not that familiar with betta genetics either, i am still learning and I still get confused with the phenotype and genotype stuff. you can only really tell the phenotype by looking at the fish, but the genotype you dont know. like you never know what recessive genes they have and whether or not they'll show up in offspring.

i have a dark silver half moon female that I ordered from aquabid and petstore blue male with a red tip on his tail he is a crowntail and I have NO IDEA what their offspring will look like, if they even come. I just spawned them for the first time yesterday. still waiting...

I am hoping that they'll take on more of the half-moon tail type and maybe they'll come out blue-silver or something. I don't know but I am excited to see what happens.

the only thing i know is steel blue female +black male= black betta fish and I am still learning all of the other stuff. I think cornflower blue bettas and black bettas are so beautiful. I'd love to breed some of those one day once I got a better understanding of the genetics and everything.

good luck to you
JJChocolate88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 02:02 PM   #44 
caissacrowntails

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJChocolate88 View Post
those are beautiful fish, i agree with whoever said cambodian and copper because i googled the pictures and they look similar to yours. I am not that familiar with betta genetics either, i am still learning and I still get confused with the phenotype and genotype stuff. you can only really tell the phenotype by looking at the fish, but the genotype you dont know. like you never know what recessive genes they have and whether or not they'll show up in offspring.

i have a dark silver half moon female that I ordered from aquabid and petstore blue male with a red tip on his tail he is a crowntail and I have NO IDEA what their offspring will look like, if they even come. I just spawned them for the first time yesterday. still waiting...

I am hoping that they'll take on more of the half-moon tail type and maybe they'll come out blue-silver or something. I don't know but I am excited to see what happens.

the only thing i know is steel blue female +black male= black betta fish and I am still learning all of the other stuff. I think cornflower blue bettas and black bettas are so beautiful. I'd love to breed some of those one day once I got a better understanding of the genetics and everything.

good luck to you
my guess is..multicolors ( green/blue/steel blue with red fins ) as for tail type probably most will be delta with extended rays ( something like combtail ). :)
caissacrowntails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 02:28 PM   #45 
Fishy Mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by creame172 View Post
i live in TN, btw
I'll check it out. I'll have to tell Princess (that's her name) that I may have found her sister, lol. She has a great personality & does really well in my sorority with the other girls. I just released her & she fit right in with no issues.
Fishy Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 11:50 PM   #46 
creame172

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJChocolate88 View Post

good luck to you
i think i learned that Crowntail is recessive, that you need CTCT to get crowntail, so you probably will get half moon(but double check i might be wrong). I would be very interested to see what you get! are you posting a spawn log?

Good luck to you as well!
Old 03-29-2013, 11:52 PM   #47 
creame172

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishy Mom View Post
I'll check it out. I'll have to tell Princess (that's her name) that I may have found her sister, lol. She has a great personality & does really well in my sorority with the other girls. I just released her & she fit right in with no issues.
aww! omg Princess and Sassy! they even have similar names! are you going to breed her?
Old 03-30-2013, 12:11 AM   #48 
caissacrowntails

Quote:
i think i learned that Crowntail is recessive, that you need CTCT to get crowntail, so you probably will get half moon(but double check i might be wrong). I would be very interested to see what you get! are you posting a spawn log?

Good luck to you as well!
my exp showed that it's quite the contrary, creame..CT is actually quite dominant, well probably partial, if u cross a CT to any other tail type..there will be extended rays on the offsprings. But HM is different, HM x HM will not give you 100% HM, and if u cross it to say...a VT, u will definitely get no HM ( these assuming that all the fishes involved are "true breed" ). :)
caissacrowntails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 12:20 AM   #49 
creame172

Quote:
Originally Posted by caissacrowntails View Post
my exp showed that it's quite the contrary, creame..CT is actually quite dominant, well probably partial, if u cross a CT to any other tail type..there will be extended rays on the offsprings. But HM is different, HM x HM will not give you 100% HM, and if u cross it to say...a VT, u will definitely get no HM ( these assuming that all the fishes involved are "true breed" ). :)
Oh ok. i knew two crowntails will give you growntails, but i thought it was because to be crowntail meant they had to be homo for it
Old 03-30-2013, 08:22 AM   #50 
Fishy Mom

Quote:
aww! omg Princess and Sassy! they even have similar names! are you going to breed her?
No, they're just pets right now. I'm not planning on breeding for a couple of years. That's how long it will take until we get our house renovated & ready to sell. Then when we get our country house I have plans for lots of animals. I can't wait!

What have you decided on breeding?
Fishy Mom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
breeding, crown tail, genetics, pair