I have a tail biter..... I think I'm finally starting to get a handle on it. (But every time I've said this before, he rips off his tail again.
- How much do you feed him?
- What do you feed him?
- How often do you feed him?
- What is the current water temp?
- Have you tried raising / lowering the water temp?
- Have you tried giving him more attention? Less attention?
- What size tank is he in? How long has he been there? And what was the previous tank size?
- Is there a filter? If so, how much flow is there?
- Does he have hiding places that he likes? Or floating places, like plant leaves that are high in the water?
My guy slowed down after I changed the brand of his pellets, started feeding him more (Maybe he had an upset stomach!), put him in a very regular feeding schedule, started interacting with him more, gave him taller plants, and made sure he had darkness at night. Then again, maybe none of that mattered, and he just slowed down on his own...