Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-30-2013, 01:14 PM   #1 
LucidSong

Question Melted fins?

So I've had my Betta February since the beginning of January, odd name for a fish I know, when I fisrt got him I had him in a .5g tank as I hadn't done any research on the species and every where you see how betta can live in the small tanks. I had him in there for a little over a month and a half when I noticed he had developed a bit of a bacteria infection and a bit of a tail and fin issue I think was fin rot but he didnt have the black trim on his fins they were just detiriorating. At this point in time I had done my research and was cleaning out an old 10g I had long ago for him that he now lives in happily. I also ordered Jungle Fungus Clear off Amazon. While waiting for my meds to come in I dug up and old Hermit crab tank heater and stuck it on the back if February's .5 tank which heated it up to 80F. By the next day both the infection spot and his fi s were looking MUCH better with now additives other than conditioner. Sadly 2 days later with a nearly healed fin I left to go on a 3 day trip and left my mother in charge of feeding him. I changed his water right before we left, like we were walking out the door. I left specific instructions with my mom on how to care for him in my absence. When I came back February's fins were all split and torn up again. I asked my mom what she had done while I was gone and she said she just feed him like I had told her to. Its now been 4 days since and my Jungle Fungus Clear came in and I had since moved February into the 10g. I started his treatment 2 days ago and his fins look almost healed but they are kinda looking like they have been melted together or something and in some spots they look like someone smooshed his fin between thier fingers and flattened it. Is there a way to fix this or will his fins always be like this now?

Oh I was doing water changes every 3 days in the .5 g tank.
LucidSong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 01:45 PM   #2 
LucidSong

Here is the best picture I could get of what his fins look like
Old 03-30-2013, 02:07 PM   #3 
LucidSong

Erg can't get the silly thing to do what I need it to so here is the link
http://i1310.photobucket.com/albums/...psb8bc4ea3.jpg

Last edited by LucidSong; 03-30-2013 at 02:12 PM.