Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-29-2013, 01:08 AM   #1 
doodlepoot

Exclamation White dot on bettas eyes?

Well I recently moved both my bettas into a much bigger tank (10 gallons split down the middle with a divider) with a heater, a filter, and tons of plants for them to play in. My crowntail betta's previous bloat seems to have gone down a bit, and both bettas are much more active than they once were. However, my crowntail seems to have developed a new problem. I noticed tonight while feeding him that he has one cloudy white spot at the bottom of each of his eyes. They almost look like cataracts, but I'm worried he might have some sort of infection?

Housing
What size is your tank? 10 gallons split (5 a piece)
What temperature is your tank? Between 75-80 degrees
Does your tank have a filter? Yes
Does your tank have an air stone or other type of aeration? No
Is your tank heated? Yes
What tank mates does your betta fish live with? A veil tail betta and an african dwarf frog

Food
What type of food do you feed your betta fish? Top Fin betta bits
How often do you feed your betta fish? Twice a day

Maintenance

How often do you perform a water change? I only bought the tank a week ago, so I have not yet done a water change.
What type of additives do you add to the water when you perform a water change? Aquarium salt and water conditioner.

Symptoms and Treatment

How has your betta fish's appearance changed? A white, cloudy dot on the bottom of each eye.
How has your betta fish's behavior changed? None
When did you start noticing the symptoms? Today
Have you started treating your fish? If so, how? No, I wanted to get people's opinions on here first.
Does your fish have any history of being ill? Yes, he's still currently getting over a bloat problem. Or maybe he's just fat?
How old is your fish (approximately)?Not sure, but I've had him for about a year.

Sorry about the bad photo quality, all I have is the camera on my phone. The spot moves around when he moves his eye, so it's attached to the outside of the lens.
Attached Images

doodlepoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 09:37 AM   #2 
alwaysaBettaLover

Hmm... Dosent to fit into any of the sickness/disease category...if I were you, I would put him in a small container with the tank water (so they can also check you water ph)and take him to your nearest pet store. They should be able to tell you if he has anything and if so, they should have medicine there for him... hope he's not sick!
alwaysaBettaLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 10:54 PM   #3 
nursethalia

It could be dead tissue - if he swam into the divider a few times after you first installed it, he may just have injured his eyes a bit. I'd recommend turning up the heat a little bit (just another couple of degrees) and giving him some time to heal.
nursethalia is offline   Reply With Quote