Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-31-2013, 01:36 PM   #17031 
royal

Exactly! I like him and told him, and he told his friend that he liked me and his friend told me,and it's been like a year and we're still just friends. Ugh
royal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 01:48 PM   #17032 
Hadoken Kitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by royal View Post
Exactly! I like him and told him, and he told his friend that he liked me and his friend told me,and it's been like a year and we're still just friends. Ugh
No offense to the guys out here, but some boys are just stupid. :P
Hadoken Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 01:49 PM   #17033 
royal

Agreed +1 to the no offense thing
Old 03-31-2013, 01:56 PM   #17034 
alwaysaBettaLover

Oh man. So yesterday I gave some advice to this guy who was giving his two year old daughter a betta fish. I had a whole half of all a page full of people who were criticizing my advice. They said it was a troll post and it was useless stupid information. It made me feel really bad because I have never been bullied in real life but as soon as join an internet thing people are attacking me like crazy. All those adults are always talking about bullying, then maybe they should lay off. It nearly ruined my Easter. (The only reason it's not completely ruined is cause it's Easter)that's not something people have a right to take away. the lesson behind this is to watch what you post, because it can really hurt someone.

I am only saying all this because it's a rant thread. Hope no one gets mad at me for saying all this, but it's what I really feel inside
alwaysaBettaLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 02:05 PM   #17035 
royal

Good for you for sharing your thoughts ! I'm 12 so...
Old 03-31-2013, 02:05 PM   #17036 
Hadoken Kitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysaBettaLover View Post
Oh man. So yesterday I gave some advice to this guy who was giving his two year old daughter a betta fish. I had a whole half of all a page full of people who were criticizing my advice. They said it was a troll post and it was useless stupid information. It made me feel really bad because I have never been bullied in real life but as soon as join an internet thing people are attacking me like crazy. All those adults are always talking about bullying, then maybe they should lay off. It nearly ruined my Easter. (The only reason it's not completely ruined is cause it's Easter)that's not something people have a right to take away. the lesson behind this is to watch what you post, because it can really hurt someone.

I am only saying all this because it's a rant thread. Hope no one gets mad at me for saying all this, but it's what I really feel inside
Yikes. I read through it really quick. I can't imagine why anyone would be angry at you posting here about it. It's what this thread is for. I'm sorry your easter was almost ruined. :(

The hardest part about this site is getting people to understand that a lot of information that store people give them is incorrect. A betta really does need 78*F-86*F temp water. They need no less than one gallon, but some will say no less than 2 (some are serious enthusiasts and say no less than 5 gal, but that's kinda silly ^_~). Some bettas are happier in smaller tanks while some like larger!!

I'll let you in on a little secret: we've recently had a fiasco of sorts regarding a girl on here purchasing too many bettas and not giving them proper homes. Many people seriously believed she was just trolling us (and some still do). We've all been on the defensive since then. She made quite a stir on the site, but things are getting better now.

Again, I'm really sorry your Easter was almost ruined!!! A lot of people on this site are very kind and very helpful. I hope that this run in doesn't ruin the site for you. Happy Easter, by the way! (:
Hadoken Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 02:15 PM   #17037 
royal

Whoa! I didn't even know that that had happened! Newsflash: I need less school and more bettas!
Old 03-31-2013, 04:11 PM   #17038 
LittleBettaFish

To be fair alwaysaBettaLover, if I understood your post correctly, you were handing out incorrect information. Bettas cannot live at only 70 degrees and a 1/2 gallon bowl is much too small for a permanent home.

Also, I wouldn't let an internet forum get to you so much. I have had people on here disagree and argue with me and it's just part and parcel of being a member of an open forum. Everyone is entitled to their opinion just as other people are entitled to question the validity of that opinion.

I have a rant in that I am nearly broke. I have about $20 to my name and one of the heaters in my fry tank broke last night and the one I had spare does not seem to be doing the job.

I need a job but I also need to see someone first about all my anxiety issues because they are like a bloody brick wall I can't climb over. I don't want to go on the dole because I either have to become a full-time student or prove I am actively looking for work, and I also have this thing about being on Government benefits.

However, it's not fair on my mum who has been footing the bills lately and I am ashamed to admit that it has been almost two years since I had a job.

I did have $20000 in savings when I quit my job, but embarrassingly I've gone and spent that and now I have no money at all.

I just wish I could get out there and get a job like everyone else does. I hate that I am like a milestone around the neck of my mother and I don't want it to be her job to enable me and carry me along financially and emotionally.

I do have a referral to a professional so I need to make a booking and see them I think.

I just feel like such a pansy at the moment. Anxiety is such a stupid disorder. Like nearly every single worst case scenario I think up in my head never eventuates, and when it does (I got lost going to the dentist and missed my appointment and ended up walking about 5km in the wrong direction), it isn't even that bad.
LittleBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 05:05 PM   #17039 
Xaltd1

[quote=Hadoken Kitty;1598369]
I'll let you in on a little secret: we've recently had a fiasco of sorts regarding a girl on here purchasing too many bettas and not giving them proper homes. Many people seriously believed she was just trolling us (and some still do). We've all been on the defensive since then. She made quite a stir on the site, but things are getting better now.

I was in on that thread. She was treating this site as if it were a Justin Bieber (or whatever tween girls think is kewl) fan board- just "tee-hee" -not understanding she's dealing with a serious responsibility toward a living thing. I blame her parents & the "Nana" thet kept buying her fish but not bothering to learn anything in order to help the poor fish alive, assuming she'd "figure it out" and if not, and the fish dies, well, "It's just a fish". You buy a child a small pet to teach them to be responsible; not like it's a new toy.
Xaltd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 05:46 PM   #17040 
Xaltd1

I was in on that thread. She was treating this site as if it were a Justin Bieber (or whatever tween girls think is kewl) fan board- just "tee-hee" -not understanding she's dealing with a serious responsibility toward a living thing. I blame her parents & the "Nana" thet kept buying her fish but not bothering to learn anything in order to help the poor fish alive, assuming she'd "figure it out" and if not, and the fish dies, well, "It's just a fish". You buy a child a small pet to teach them to be responsible; not like it's a new toy.[/quote]

No offence to the "tween" comment. I was once 12; I was more interested in my horse & taking care of my animals than whatever the other kids were into. Some 12 year-olds are incredibly mature (more so than adults) & some kids aren't- exactly the same as adults.
Xaltd1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bettathanyou