Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-31-2013, 06:02 PM   #21 
Xaltd1

LOL, pellets make a HUGE mess if you knock over an open jar of them!!!

I crumble the pinches of flakes as I feed them, & spread crumbs over the entire tank water surface to prevent injury. These girls are little sharks; I don't think a speck of food makes it to the bottom!
Xaltd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 06:22 PM   #22 
AyalaCookiejar

Lol, luckily I've never knocked over a jar but I find that I drop NLS pellets on my desk a lot. Once they fall onto the carpet I will never see them again because they are so tiny 0_0

I love my NLS - if there are better brands, they aren't easy to get here. My fish love them, too.

I was surprised to see that my brothers loaches who hide 24/7 actually come out every single day, now, right after I drop some NLS pellets into their tank. They even try to swim to the top because they are too inpatient for them to sink! But this would probably be the same story with any other good quality food since my brother fed them wardley flakes of all things.

Edit: btw you just reminded me that I'm releasing my 6 females into their tank tomorrow!!!! SO EXCITED!

Last edited by AyalaCookiejar; 03-31-2013 at 06:25 PM.
AyalaCookiejar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 07:13 PM   #23 
Xaltd1

Luckily there are on-line places that sell the good food. Pet Solutions is one, also the Betta Congress has an extremely inexpensive array of food & supplements. Drs Foster & Smith have an aquatics division but their prices are too high.
Also, if there aren't any good fish stores near you, Aquatic plants.com has an insane amout of plants @ good prices (get them by the bunch if possible) the shipping is high, but worth it. They are better than the plant sellers on ebay, IME.
Xaltd1 is offline   Reply With Quote