Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-29-2013, 04:36 PM   #1 
bniebetta

Aquabid Question

I am looking at females on aquabid, and some of them are listed as "breeding." Is there something that distinguished them from regular females, or is it simply the same thing? (other than the fact that the breeding ones look nice. are they ready to put out eggs or something?)
bniebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 09:30 PM   #2 
Xaltd1

No; it's another one of the sellers' "advertising" slogans. I think it's supposed to mean it's breeding quality to justify that it's a $25 vs $15 fish. I bought a "SUPER HM" only to find out there is no such classification! I mistook it for "OHM". Well, she's pretty anyway.
Xaltd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 10:04 PM   #3 
bniebetta

ahhhh ok. I thought it might be something like that. Thanks so much for the info!! Btw, do you know of anyone I should NOT order from on aquabid? Just trying to watch out :)
Old 03-31-2013, 10:08 PM   #4 
Xaltd1

I've only had great experiences. Chard56 is a poster on this board; I haven't bought any fish from him. I got 6 from Phusit Puy (sp?) that were gorgeous. I'll check on the others I've bought from & get back to you.
Old 03-31-2013, 10:46 PM   #5 
Xaltd1

OK I bought 2 FEMALE fish from "Somsak Betta Farm" a few weeks ago & chose Linda Olson as my transshipper.
This is the seller selling the "SUPER HM". The other fish was a yellow VT. I hadn't seen a yellow VT before, so I bought "her" just as a pet; not to breed.
First of all, I waited 2 weeks to get the fish. I asked the seller: s/he sent me a message that was gibberish (I'll copy it here)-, then I emailed Linda, and she asked if I "wanted to wait until April 1st so I could get the rest of my fish"?? WHAT??? I had emailed such basic info that I ripped Linda a new one; I couldn't for some reason, convince her that I had only bought 2 fish.
That was the 1st problem.
When I recieved the fish (finally) and QT'd them, the VT looked suspicously male. I posted his/her pic on the breeders' board; some were certain they s/he was male, but not all. So I put this fish in with the sorority. Absolute mayhem! He started chasing the girls, & they fought back. I pulled him out, but not after his fins got ripped. He's actually a young male VT. Now I have to rehome him somehow!

Also, I notice that the sellers seem to think "breeding" means "bred": often, it is stated in the description that the "fish is being breeding from my farm". They don't know English very well, apparently.
Old 03-31-2013, 10:52 PM   #6 
Xaltd1

This was a comunique from Somsak Betta Farm when I asked where my fish were. It really cleared things up :/

Dear All
I sent it to Chipping fish from 14 March 2013 to the examination for the certificate.
Prior to flying on 17 March 2013 is expected tomorrow to Chipping fish in Thailand
He is sent to your schedule. Why not send it in advance. The long weekend continues.
Best regards
Somsak Bunluekaew
Old 03-31-2013, 10:54 PM   #7 
registereduser

I can recommend Chard56 as a seller. PM him for details.
registereduser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 10:54 PM   #8 
Xaltd1

The other Aquabid seller I had a GOOD experience with was "84Elmo2001". He/she is in the US, which helps. No transshipper needed!
Old 03-31-2013, 11:34 PM   #9 
bniebetta

Wow you guys are awesome!! That language barrier thing sounds like a nightmare! Thank for the good info guys, hopefully I can avoid those kinds of issues :D