Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-01-2013, 01:30 PM   #1 
Tabbie82

OMG! I am so excited!

Last month I bought three new bettas on Aquabid and their shipping has been delayed for weeks due to bad weather. I just got an email with the tracking information and they will be here tomorrow! My boys are finally coming home!!!!!
Tabbie82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 01:30 PM   #2 
HeyBluejay

Oh how exciting! I can't wait to see some pictures ^_^
HeyBluejay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 02:46 PM   #3 
ZubinBetta

How wonderful! Are they coming from Thailand? Are they male, female? Will they make 11, then, for your fishes? Keep us posted. One more Q: Is this your first time on Aquabid?
ZubinBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 03:17 PM   #4 
Tabbie82

They are coming from a US breeder, all male. I have already named them and included them in my sig- they are part of the eight listed- Picasso, Monkey and Nate. Yep, this is my first time using Aquabid!

Any tips/ suggestions for tank prep? I've had the tanks ready for weeks now, but with the weather delay I am wondering if I should do any water changes before they arrive?
Old 04-03-2013, 06:49 AM   #5 
Polkadot

That is very exciting,they are going to a great home.
Polkadot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 07:54 AM   #6 
Tabbie82

Thanks! I am totally bummed, though, because I didn't get them yesterday. I paid for express and the tracking info said next day delivery, but they aren't here. Tracking info hasn't been updated, either. This is stressing me out. I'm thinking I may be the type of person who just has to buy her bettas in store, because this shipping stuff is stressful! I also have a boy (Oz) that I adopted from Moonshadow that was shipped yesterday. I am so worried about the 4 of them and am hoping they make it here ok!
Old 04-03-2013, 08:26 AM   #7 
isochronism

I am waiting for a shipment of Blue Pearl Shrimp. They should get here today. This is the second time I had livestock shipped, Shrimp again. Hopefully yours will arrive today, also. There is nothing you can do but wait, so try not to stress. It is exciting, tho!!!!
isochronism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 03:38 PM   #8 
Tabbie82

3 of the 4 are here!

The new Aquabid boys arrived about 30 minutes ago and are alive! Very pale from the trip, but are being acclimated now. Their heat pack was still a little warm when I opened the box, so I don't think they got very cold. This waiting is/was so stressful! My adopted boy didn't arrive yet, so I'll be worrying about him until he arrives. I will post pictures of the ones that came today in a bit.
Old 04-03-2013, 03:54 PM   #9 
isochronism

That's good news, Tabbie!!! My ten baby Shrimp arrived this afternoon, too!! And one of my original three is kicking out eggs as I type. I got a good phone video clip of it. Sorry, I don't know how to post it.
isochronism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 05:16 PM   #10 
Crowntails

Great to hear! I wanna see some pics :D
Crowntails is offline   Reply With Quote