Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-02-2013, 12:11 AM   #1 
KuriousArtist

Question Upgraded to 15 gal!

So after my betta Cobalt died last week I felt down I gave my little brother 2.5 gallon back to him after helping him heal from tail rot, so I was down to 1 betta. I was considering getting another one to put in my now empty 3 gal but I decided to give that tank away and upgrade my remaining betta Enzo from a 5 gal to a nice 15 gal tank.

He is in there with his former tank mates which are 2 African Dwarf Frogs and 3 Otos.

I`m wondering what to do with the rest of the space, I was thinking a nice little school of 6 fish but im stuck as to what kind? I'm thinking either neon tetras or white clouds but still uncertain. any suggestions? ( I thought about shrimp and cories as well but that feels like to many bottom swimmers :/ )

Enzo the betta is a very mellow fish I had to float another male betta in a cup (w/ a lid) for a few days while another tank cycled (had to reboot because of a ich outbreak and Enzo swam around the cup all the time saw the betta inside (which was trying to get at him) and just swam away, didn't flare or anything. I have never had a problem with introducing new things to the tank either. He follows the frogs and otos but I have never once seen him flare or attack the otos or frogs. (even when the frogs swim almost on top of him) he is a big push over and a real sweet heart so I would love to add some more friends for him.

Here is my set up:

Tank: 15 gal
Filter: Whisper 20i
Heater: 50 watt (temp stays 27 in the day and falls to 25 at night)
Gravel

3 baby anubis plants

1 horwort

2 fake plants

lots of caves and hiding places

Pics!

Name:  WP_000077.jpg
Views: 100
Size:  70.6 KB

Name:  WP_000078.jpg
Views: 80
Size:  74.4 KB

Name:  WP_000082.jpg
Views: 79
Size:  71.5 KB

So tell me what you think? I won't be adding anything for a while yet (probably not for a month or so, want to research first!)
KuriousArtist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 12:12 PM   #2 
waterdog

I think you have a very happy and very spoiled betta boy there! Great setup!
waterdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 12:14 PM   #3 
KuriousArtist

Thank you! :D
KuriousArtist is offline   Reply With Quote