I guess no one pays any attention to anything I say
finnfinnfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 11:44 AM   #22 
waterdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnfinnfriend View Post
I guess no one pays any attention to anything I say
You know that isn't true finnfinn

I have been staying out of this cause I knew the debate would start and I wanted to watch it happen.

There are obviously a LOT of NLS fans here and they are VERY ardent in their love of the brand, which there is not a thing wrong with that.
I do, IMO, think that they can be a little ...... er...... 'over zealous' in their backing of their fav. I don't think anyone posting here meant to hurt anyone else, they are just REAL passionate in their beliefs.

Personally (and I feel I can cause every one else has had their say) I like Omega One. I have used it for years with everything from goldfish to angelfish to tetras to bettas and it has worked for all my fish.

Here's an idea. (OMG) Can we all just agree that if EITHER Omega or NLS are used the fish is getting good food?
waterdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 11:49 AM   #23 
LebronTheBetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterdog View Post
sh.

Here's an idea. (OMG) Can we all just agree that if EITHER Omega or NLS are used the fish is getting good food?
I can agree. Sorry if I was getting a little carried away.. hehe ^^"

And sorry finnfinn, I agree with waterdog. You know that's not true! You were the one that taught me about NLS anyway!
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 07:26 PM   #24 
LillieCharlotte

The veggie/fruit thing is interesting. I used to hang out on another betta forum, and they would recommend feeding bettas a frozen pea (cut up) or broccoli once a week (or as needed as a remedy for constipation).

I've been feeding my betta Hikari, but it looks like it doesn't stack up as well against some of these other foods.
LillieCharlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 08:39 AM   #25 
waterdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by LillieCharlotte View Post
I've been feeding my betta Hikari, but it looks like it doesn't stack up as well against some of these other foods.
And that is why I did this article. I think we can get so caught up in other things, reading labels on food containers kinda slips by. I wanted everyone to have one place to sit and read what all the different brands had to offer then make their own more informed choice as opposed to just taking someones word for it!
Old 04-02-2013, 09:02 AM   #26 
AyalaCookiejar

For the record, I feed both NLS and Omega One :p although I do use NLS more, the containers a lot bigger!

And I can't complain about extra vitamins because I add VitaChem to their water (I don't want sick fishies) and come to think of it, I should probably look at that ingredients list, too :p
AyalaCookiejar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 09:04 AM   #27 
colorxmexravyne

Quote:

+1. It's really not worth arguing over, because at the end of the day, they're both good foods and one's not really much better than the other. Both have ethoxyquin (a REQUIREMENT for fish food that contains real fish, though it's not always listed), NLS just has a few extra things for peace of mind, ie fruits, veggies, and garlic. (:
colorxmexravyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 09:33 AM   #28 
belleangel33

I feed more frozen bloodworms, live white and grindal worms, flightless fruit flies, a little froze BS and only about once every other week do I feed pellet food. Mostly just to make sure they will still eat it. If I was to rehome a Betta I want to make sure they will eat pellets since that is what most people that dont breed feed.

I will be changing the pellet food today. Thanks to this post! I have to go get more water conditioner any way. I never even looked at the pellet food ingredients =(

Does that make me a bad Mom?
belleangel33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 10:25 AM   #29 
waterdog

I don't think in anyones imagination could you be considered a bad betta mom. You do more food wise than 90% of us will ever do.
It is gratifying to know my little article helped even a seasoned breeder take a second look at something they overlooked.
Thanks for making me feel I did some good!!!!!
Old 04-02-2013, 10:35 AM   #30 
belleangel33

Quote:
I don't think in anyones imagination could you be considered a bad betta mom. You do more food wise than 90% of us will ever do.
It is gratifying to know my little article helped even a seasoned breeder take a second look at something they overlooked.
Thanks for making me feel I did some good!!!!!

This is a great post and I think it needs a sticky. I cant believe I over looked the pellet food! So I personally Thank you!

I will would like to get both omega and NSL but I dont think they carry NLS at petsmart where Im going for water conditioner but I will check.
belleangel33 is offline   Reply With Quote