Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-01-2013, 11:24 PM   #11 
Myates

She is a crowntail.. or a mix of it. Web reduction are how long her rays are when it comes to their fins.. the points. Hers are short, but not overly and not bad at all. Like I said, she has good form, good color, nice fins.. she is definitely breed worthy.

See the points? Then the U (or) C curve between them? That is the reduction.
Attached Images

Myates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 07:54 PM   #12 
SunshineSulie

Ok, thanks for clearing it up! Looking at the picture you provided, she does have a bit more than what the photos show, but not nearly as much as this one does.

I still think she would make a nice bunch of fry, though. Have you done much breeding? Would you pick her if you were going to make some crown tails?

What exactly qualifies as a Cambodian coloring? I looked it up, but is it any sort of difference in colorations between fins and body? Is it a common thing?
SunshineSulie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 08:20 PM   #13 
Myates

Your girl is good, and would have some nice babies if paired with a boy that compliments her :) I would pick her if I was doing CTs - I have a red boy and cambodian (red) girl conditioning now actually :) And I have some fry growing up that will have colored cambodians in the mix.

Cambodians are what some breeders use to "clean the slate". Basically it's a light-semi light flesh colored body with colored fins.. the classic cambodians are red like your girl, then there are AOC (Any Other Color) which is the flesh body, but a different color (or mix) of colors for fins. The girl below is one of mine, she is the momma of a spawn I have growing out now. This is a AOC cambodian. But I love the red classics like you.. so that is what I'm hoping to spawn here shortly.
Attached Images

Myates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 08:56 PM   #14 
SunshineSulie

I hope I can find someone to carry on her linage. I would love to do so myself (I have some experience with aquatics, but none with breeding). And I am in college... :(

I think she is beautiful, and I am glad she qualifies as a good breeding fish, too. :)

How long have you been breeding?
SunshineSulie is offline   Reply With Quote