Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Show Bettas
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-14-2013, 06:47 PM   #181 
Dragonlady

Quote:
Originally Posted by logisticsguy View Post
You will never see VTs at shows again ever imo because the "show people" have not had any VTs for years themselves and they would not have any advantage over us regular folk. So why would they ever make a category for VTs. It is not in "their" best interest to do so. But Im a smug narcissist regarding betta shows. There wouldn't be any politics in the "Betta show world" right?

VT bettas were recently shown at a recent show in Europe. VT that are bred by yourself can be shown in variations. If enough breeders show them, VT will eventually get their own class and not be judged against the HM standard. The problem is that not enough breeders seem to be interested in showing VT. It is a shame though...since VT and DT used to be the only types of bettas shown.
Dragonlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 08:50 PM   #182 
logisticsguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
VT bettas were recently shown at a recent show in Europe. VT that are bred by yourself can be shown in variations. If enough breeders show them, VT will eventually get their own class and not be judged against the HM standard. The problem is that not enough breeders seem to be interested in showing VT. It is a shame though...since VT and DT used to be the only types of bettas shown.
Agree. maybe we can start an online petition

Im joining the IBC and it is going to be an issue for me as well more shows in more places.
logisticsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 11:28 PM   #183 
Chard56

I don't think this the place for a petition or that a petition is the way to approach the subject. Like Dragonlady said and has been said on the IBC forum, if enough people enter Veiltails in the shows and request to consider making a new standard for them in the proper way, then and only then will an attempt at changing the standard be made. There is a certain protocol and presentation involved in putting it before the commitee or governing body of the club.
Chard56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 03:16 PM   #184 
justmel

I thought I was the only Veiltail lover! Glad to know I'm not alone. I've thought about breeding veiltails, but would need to find places to sell them first.

Here is my Mr. Fish. He started my betta passion & I know have 15.
Attached Images

justmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 03:18 PM   #185 
bannlow2471

Quote:
Originally Posted by justmel View Post
I thought I was the only Veiltail lover! Glad to know I'm not alone. I've thought about breeding veiltails, but would need to find places to sell them first.

Here is my Mr. Fish. He started my betta passion & I know have 15.
Wow, he's gorgeous!
bannlow2471 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 04:10 PM   #186 
Xaltd1

As some of you know, I bought a yellow female VT from Aquabid... only to discover he's a young male!!!
He is up for adoption for postage/pickup/2 hr drive. He is a gorgeous fish, but I was hoping to spawn my yellow HM's. I just don't have room for the poor guy!
His fins are a little ripped from when I tried to add him to the sorority
I live just North of Boston, just South of the NH border.
Attached Images

Xaltd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 05:53 PM   #187 
justmel

Xaltd,

That had to be a great disappointment. He's gorgeous! Depending on price I would definitely take him off your hands, but will give some of the longer standing members first dibs. If you want to know a bit about me, my intro thread is here http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=143954
justmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 10:45 PM   #188 
SamJustice

Oh boy! I wish I could afford to pay for shipping Xaltd1! ;-; I'd love to welcome him into my home.

Chard, you've such pretty fish, I wish I could afford them! ;-;
SamJustice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 12:13 AM   #189 
Chard56

That's why I only charge $10 for priority shipping. That barely covers the materials and shipping fees. That way you can still buy a pretty Veiltail or Delta for 5 to 8 bucks and not cost a fortune for the whole package. Here's a pretty little Gold one I've been waiting on to growout.
Chard56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 12:54 AM   #190 
SamJustice

Oh good lord, he's gorgeous. Are you selling him, or any like him? Because.. I might just have to horde that 8 dollars and walk instead of catch the public transit for school. xD
SamJustice is offline   Reply With Quote