Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-03-2013, 09:41 AM   #11 
Tabbie82

They are both very, very beautiful. The green is one is the one I would go with. He is very unique and has such a gorgeous color.
Tabbie82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 09:47 AM   #12 
RowdyBetta

I'd get the green one. :3
RowdyBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 10:34 AM   #13 
JadeAngel

Quote:
Originally Posted by isochronism View Post
Actually, you should buy one, and hubby buy the other!!
I wish. I went home and cleaned a lot and cooked a nice dinner to suck up... but he still turned down the idea of a 10 gallon. Not without reason, the only place I have set aside for another tank, might not support the weight of a 10 gallon... but I could still hope

See, we have 2 cats... very mischevious cats. So to save the bettas any stress of stalking kitty eyes, we have my husband's tank in his office which is closed all day and the cats can never go in, and my tank in our bedroom. This 3rd tank will go in the bedroom too.

But green it is :D I'm calling the pet store so they know to put out the white one so he can find a nice new home quicker. Then I'll go get the green one in a few hours. I didn't even realize it, but you're right, he does match my username! hehe
JadeAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 11:28 AM   #14 
JadeAngel

Quote:
Originally Posted by isochronism View Post
You should not buy either. Now.... which store has the Green One??? It fits your member name. Beautiful!!!
Oh yeah, those 2 bettas are both from Petsmart. I went to Petsmart, Petco, 2 local walmarts, and another petstore down the road yesterday. And another one the day before.

Petco had a couple solid red crown tails and veil tails, and really really brightly colored too... but nothing else interesting.

Petsmart had these and a few other nice ones I posted in another thread.

1 walmart had really unhappy looking guys, and the other had that white veil tail and the solid celophane veil tail that I posted in the other thread.

In general, I notice that Petsmart takes much better care of there aquatic creatures (at least the one here) than all of the other stores.
Old 04-03-2013, 11:41 AM   #15 
amzingaly

They are both sooo pretty but the green one is more unique so i'd get the green one :)
amzingaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 07:02 PM   #16 
Otterfun

not a green person, but I like this green, i like the tail
Otterfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 09:06 PM   #17 
jadaBlu

The green one because I don't see very often. Petco has their $1 per gallon sale. Maybe if the 10 gallon is cheaper he'd go for it. My temptation would be to just buy the fish and the 10 gallon and have it set up by the time he gets home. You have to cycle it very carefully though and test the water all the time.
jadaBlu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 09:25 PM   #18 
JadeAngel

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadaBlu View Post
The green one because I don't see very often. Petco has their $1 per gallon sale. Maybe if the 10 gallon is cheaper he'd go for it. My temptation would be to just buy the fish and the 10 gallon and have it set up by the time he gets home. You have to cycle it very carefully though and test the water all the time.
This will be my 3rd tank, which is the problem. I could get a 10 gallon kit at walmart for less than it would cost to get the tank, hood, and filter on sale separately, so the price isn't really a problem. It's only a few bucks more than a 5 gallon kit, and it's only a few inches bigger on each side.

The problem is that going from a 5-10 gallon tank would mean a looot more weight. Filled, our 5 gallon acrylic tank weighs about 45 lbs, but a 10 gallon glass tank would weigh at least 100-115. I don't have a fish tank stand. My 1 tank is on my Jewelry tower, and this other one will go on what I think was once part of an entertainment unit (kidnapped it from my mother's rental house when tenants left it) It's one of few times my husband's ever had a point, lol.

At one point or another within the maybe year or two (after we've finished our room by room renovations) I will get a nice community tank, at least 20, maybe 30lbs to put in the foier downstairs. Oooooh, I'm going to have fun stocking that!

So his 5g is on the way. Though I have been enjoying the fullness of Saki's tank having 2 bettas swimming around. It seems so much more active. Of course, as I say this, Saki is lazing around at the top of his tank just resting over a plant... and the new betta is hiding somewhere, lol.
Old 04-03-2013, 09:37 PM   #19 
registereduser

I'd buy that green one in a hot second!
registereduser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 10:15 PM   #20 
Linkus

Green. Def harder to find than the white
Linkus is offline   Reply With Quote