betta fish

Old 04-04-2013, 10:27 PM   #11 
dramaqueen
Banned

I can't see the pics on my Kindle. Boo!
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 03:28 PM   #12 
motherpeters

I gotta say I'm very inspired by what you do! You're making a difference in the lives of Bettas one at a time, and ensuring that they are getting forever homes too!

Once I'm more confident in my Betta healing skills, I'd love to try and rescue some too. Someone needs to!
motherpeters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 06:01 PM   #13 
MoonShadow

Well Oz was shipped out to his forever home on Tuesday and arrived safe and sound yesterday!! Which I am so so happy about, shipping fish always gives me a minor panic attack! In 8 years of shipping I've only had 2 DOA's but I still get nervous every single time I drop a fish off at that post office, and I swear I don't breathe right until I get word that they arrived safely!

Boomer will hopefully be going to his forever home this weekend, I have to say I'm going to miss him very much, he's made some of the fastest and most dramatic progress of any rescue I've ever had!

Here's one last before and after shot of him!

The girls tank had a minor outbreak of Ick, but they are fine now, my fault I wasn't being careful about the amount of fish I was adding and I think I added to many too fast and they all got a little bit stressed out!

We have a new addition to the rescue, an adorable little boy that I have named Charlie (after my favorite character in Lost lol) He was found at Petsmart suffering from fin rot and extreme emaciation, he was just skin and bones, the poor little man! He's already doing so so much better, he's eating, he's already put on weight, he's flaring at lemon in the tank next door and he's gained a lot of color! He's going to be one beautiful fish when he's all better!

When I got him on Tuesday (4/2)

Late last night (4/4)
MoonShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 06:14 PM   #14 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

You do a really great job with your fish! And lost! Lost! The first four seasons are good, then it gets weird. I was sad Charlie died.
MattsBettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 06:31 PM   #15 
Artemis

What do you usually do for them? Clean water and food?
Artemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 09:28 PM   #16 
MoonShadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattsBettas View Post
You do a really great job with your fish! And lost! Lost! The first four seasons are good, then it gets weird. I was sad Charlie died.
Shhhh! I just started watching it on Netflix, I'm just finishing up season one! Haha!! But I already knew charlie died eventually because I looked on IMDB to see how many episodes everyone was in because I don't like surprises! Haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
What do you usually do for them? Clean water and food?
Clean, warm water (between 78 and 82 degrees F) and good high quality food (Such as Atisons or NLS) I will medicate if I need to, but I would say about 80% of the time these guys turn around once they have the clean warm water and good food
MoonShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 10:09 PM   #17 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

Oh, so sorry. Someone ruined his death for me to. I am watching it on Netflix as well. It's awful, addicting, and evil... Especially when the next episode automatically plays in 20 seconds.
MattsBettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 02:46 PM   #18 
justmel

My daughter is looking over my shoulder as I go through this thread & sees Chrlie here and says he's a dull betta, so I showed her the pic you posted of him now on FB today. Big change, he's looking great. If I wasn't beyond full I would gladly give this handsome guy a home. I'm still watching here and on FB, so when I can give one of your resuces a home I can let you know.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonShadow View Post
Oz was shipped to his new home today! She should arrive on Thursday, shipping always makes me so nervous! In 8 years of shipping I've had 2 DOA's which isn't bad at all, but I still breathe a huge sigh of relief when I get the word that they arrived at their new homes safely!!

Little Boomer will hopefully be meeting his forever mom on Thursday and going home with her!

I picked up a new rescue today, every body say hello to Charlie! He is severely emaciated and has rot on all fins! But he's already perking up!

justmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 06:26 PM   #19 
BeautifulBetta123
Banned

Your fish are amazing! Subscribed! I love Charlie! And would definitely take him ff we were both on the same side of the border :(
Good to know there is someone willing to do this.
BeautifulBetta123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 08:56 PM   #20 
Artemis

What's his big change?
Artemis is offline   Reply With Quote