Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-04-2013, 07:51 PM   #11 
MadMay

Okay Myates you were right no eggs! : C I waited a day just to make sure when i put Sora back in the tank in a chimney she was flaring at him quite a bit so I took her out and replaced her with my best quality female who acted very strange (she started building her own bubble nest!) when I released her about 10 hours later she just stayed at the top of the water blowing bubbles ignoring the male. I thought for sure it would be a bust. I am absolutely positive there are eggs though the nest looks the same occasionally an egg will fall to the bottom and the male will blow in back into the nest.
MadMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 11:45 PM   #12 
Mahsfish

Wait you said at the beginning there was no eggs, so you reintroduced the female, then another female but she ignored him and built her own nest so you took her out. And at the end you said an egg or two will fall and he will put it back. So there are eggs now? Sorry if I am not reading it right, but that is what I am getting from it. If there are eggs then no need to show the females.
Mahsfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 02:15 AM   #13 
MadMay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahsfish View Post
Wait you said at the beginning there was no eggs, so you reintroduced the female, then another female but she ignored him and built her own nest so you took her out. And at the end you said an egg or two will fall and he will put it back. So there are eggs now? Sorry if I am not reading it right, but that is what I am getting from it. If there are eggs then no need to show the females.
Sorry if Iwasnt being clear after I realized there were no eggs I reintrroduced. The oringinally female in a chimney she was acting very agressive so Itook her out of the chimney and placed a differant female in the chimney and eventually released her and once I saw eggs Itook her out of the breeding tank. The female did have.fin damaged to her anal and ventral but seems to be recovering in her qt tank
Old 04-05-2013, 09:37 AM   #14 
Mahsfish

Ok. Well good thing you got eggs and hopefully you are able to hatch them and raise some really nice fry.
Old 04-05-2013, 09:40 AM   #15 
Mahsfish

You should get a whole mix of things from this spawn. The male is a hmpk double tail correct? But his lobes don't plot till very high which is not desired so hopefully the female doesn't have dt gene. That way you can end up with some HMs and possible some hmpk with a bit longer fins than a normal hmpk
Old 04-05-2013, 07:50 PM   #16 
MadMay

Well I think most of the fry will be hm with hopefully a nice dorsal I will breed back to Hmpk. neither of the females parents are dbt dosnt mean she dosnt carry the gene hopefully not though as Im not really looking for dbtl at this point.