Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-21-2009, 08:00 PM   #11 
dramaqueen
Banned

Bettas are solitary fish and are fine on their own. Danios can be too hyper for bettas.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 09:18 PM   #12 
trooper251

The reason I asked was, we have a beta in a 2 1/2 gal. bowl of sorts. We also have a 10 gal tank that has 5 neons in it and I thought it might be nice for the beta to have more room.
trooper251 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 10:45 PM   #13 
veganchick

the betta SHOULD do really well in the 10g, but just keep an eye on him the first week!
veganchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 11:03 PM   #14 
miniflea84

Been a while since I've posted. Here's the tank so far:

Current residents are 7 zebra danios. I'm wondering which to add first, the oto cats or the betta. Also thinking about adding another couple of small plants, and possibly removing one of the smaller peices of wood. And for those of you worried, don't. I plan to very carefully observe how the betta is doing, and it there is any sign it isn't working out I'll move him to a smaller tank all his own.

Dramaqueen, I am well aware that bettas do perfectly fine on their own. If however, no one tries to kill each other I think it'd be interesting to have one with some other fish in a larger tank than one generally sees bettas inhabit.
miniflea84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 11:09 PM   #15 
dramaqueen
Banned

Yeah, just keep a eye on him and see how he does with his tankmates. They all have different personalities. Some have no problem at all with tankmates.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 11:11 PM   #16 
FordMan

You can use some compact flourecent bulbs like the energy saver ones and screw them in the incandescent bulb sockets i have it on my amazon tank works great. Danios are ok but they can be nippy and they like alot ofspace to swim you could put some dwarf gouramis in there glass catfish work well too and keep it in that south east asian kind of theme.
FordMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 06:26 AM   #17 
willow

wow.that tank is lovley.
good luck with it,i hope it works out. :)
willow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 01:34 AM   #18 
FishGirl

I have a betta in my 75g with neons, harlequin rasboras, otos, bristlenose plecos and mollies. They all get along splendidly. He swims the whole tank at all different levels and no one bothers him or vice versa. The rasboras dart when they eat but it doesn't bother him. The neons are generally slower than the rasboras. The otos are usually perched on their plants so I've never seen them even notice one another. I wouldn't worry about who goes in when. Just make sure you don't add too many at once and overdo the bio load of the tank. You don't want anyone getting sick.
FishGirl is offline   Reply With Quote