Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Contests
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-06-2013, 08:52 PM   #11 
Darth

Not at all Logistics, I can tell you though some times things come up that are stumpers I will do my best and I am always learning myself I do not think I will ever know as much as I would like, things have changed a lot and genes have been so messed up EXAMPLE: Spawning 2 royal blue in the old days would give you Steel, and an old name called Cornflower Blue, Royals and TRUE Green not turqouis but actual true green not any longer.
You are right to a certain extent Matt you also have to have a bit of prior knowledge of the lines your fish are from My feathers do not have any faulty genes so I haven't experienced any deformity, this does happen however and you are right about the fish that are tail weighted I always throw Plakat blood in from time to time to beef up the rays and body this gives the fish the strength to carry the mass, also DT here and there to give the top line better form and also beef up the body.
I am not trying to be a braggart jut giving some back ground so you can take me as credible.
I also back then had a fertile line of blacks based on red rather than steel blue..now we have the superblack and the melano may get scarce.
I just bred a Veiltail with superior orange genes to a veil tail because I want the coloring after a couple gens it will work out nice seems the last hold out for the original genes of certain strains are?.....You guessed it good old curtain tail!!
Ok back to the show thing, a great Veiltail should have fins that overlap or touch the topline is judged the same way as for HM.
Darth is offline   Reply With Quote