Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Other Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-12-2013, 02:28 AM   #521 
copperarabian

I took a video of my green sun fish eating crickets, and of him just swimming around. the fourth cricket was 1 too much, he didn't swallow it for 20 minutes because he had no room in his stomach.
http://youtu.be/I9TjpCZhR8U

@5150wicd4fish
I'm sorry about your fish :(

Shipping is hard on the fish, but sometimes if you wait to long they are all picked over. Whenever I bought fish I would buy them the day after they came in the evening. That usually gives enough time for any fish that won't make it to die off. When I had my African butterfly I actually took him home in his shipment bag lol
copperarabian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 12:13 PM   #522 
FishyFishy89

I can hear your birdy Copper. My super pug heard your birdy too, she immediately started running around looking for my BFF's bird. She has a cockatiel, is that what yours is?
FishyFishy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 03:38 PM   #523 
copperarabian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishyFishy89 View Post
I can hear your birdy Copper. My super pug heard your birdy too, she immediately started running around looking for my BFF's bird. She has a cockatiel, is that what yours is?
Yup, that's actually my friends bird that I'm training for them though lol. His name is Dante, I found him and rescued him but couldn't keep him so he lives with one of my BFF's.

My birdie is Rosie, she's a galah cockatoo.
copperarabian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 05:51 PM   #524 
5150wicd4fish

@copperarabian, yup learned my lesson hard way, have 4 fish left..so watching and seeing how they do, meanwhile set up a 8 gal hospital tank just in case. Its killing me, I want to get more fish, but not gonna yet :)
Like your video thats cool....hearing the birdie, I miss birds too, used to have yellow crested cockatoo (baby) and blue font amazon a long time ago :D
5150wicd4fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 01:17 AM   #525 
Sakura8

One year later, the koi and the comet goldfish after today's big pond cleaning.

The one who started it all, Koichiro. He's grown to roughly 9-10" since I got him Halloween 2011. Notice that the orange blotch on his nose, the blotch that made me fall for him, has faded.
Name:  Koichiro, 4-13.jpg
Views: 178
Size:  31.8 KB
I then got Saiyo the sarassa comet goldfish on Valentine's, 2012. She's only 7-8" and hasn't grown much, which is a bit concerning.
Name:  Saiyo, 4-13.jpg
Size:  24.5 KB
Finally, around May 2012, I got Tanko from Petsmart. He is the biggest at 10-11" or so.
Name:  Tanko, 4-13.jpg
Size:  35.7 KB

Considering that for much of the year, I battled nitrates as high as 80ppm and over in their pond, they look quite healthy. Koichiro, being a butterfly koi, has a bit of damage to his dorsal and his tail but it's clean and no signs of infection.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 08:40 AM   #526 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Wow, finally see them and hear their names!
Posted via Mobile Device
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 10:59 AM   #527 
FishyFishy89

wow
roughly how long were they when you got them?
FishyFishy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 11:36 AM   #528 
thekoimaiden

They are gorgeous!!!!!!!!! *swoons* So glad I finally get to see pictures of them! I can see why you went through all the trouble to get them in a pond.
thekoimaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 06:14 PM   #529 
Hadoken Kitty

What kind of fish can be tank mates with a goldfish? If any? I'm jwin...I don't mean for my future bubble eyes I mean. (:

Also, are there any gold fish forums that you guys know about? Can someone PM me the name of one?
Hadoken Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 06:58 AM   #530 
Sakura8

Fishy, they were all around 3-4" when I got them. I was surprised that Tanko grew the most. Maybe all that extra white adds to it but he looked like a giant compared to the others.

Goldfish experts, is a comet goldfish supposed to look kinda of . . . yellow? I am a bit concerned for Saiyo. Both Koichiro and Tanko have such nice white scales but Saiyo is kind of off-white/yellowish.

Thanks, Izzy. :) They really owe you a lot of thanks since you helped me set their home up.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote