Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Meet the Betta Keepers
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-06-2013, 11:58 PM   #1 
Bettamom1691

New Betta mom

Hi,
I just got my betta today. My little guy is a pet smart buy and was deemed a dragon scale. I think he's quiet the beauty and I'm unexplainably drawn to him. So far, I believe he is happy swimming about and such. I also believe he is taken with me cause he follows me in his tank. He'll sit at the end I'm at and just float there. He'll swim away if I catch him doing this. He's also a no namer for now. Appreciate the advice in care ^.^
Attached Images

Bettamom1691 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 12:07 AM   #2 
bniebetta

Welcome to the forum!! He is really cute!! As far as names go, I would really consider his name carefully and watch his personality. I have a few bettas whose names don't fit that well because I was excited and jumped the gun. As far as advice goes, the things I gan see is that he might appreciate a heater and some hiding places. You can go get a pack of 3 of 4 chap plants at petco or petsmart for under two dollars, but silk or live plants are the best. Bettas live in "75-85 degree water," but it seems to me like most of us here prefer about 80-82. Personally, I am an 80 person. You get what you pay for with heaters, but I love this one I just bought cheap for all of my tanks http://www.petmountain.com/product/a...le-heater.html. It is a pretty reputable brand, and its a little better than your typical mass-produced pet store brand. If you can't afford or just haven't decided on a decoration yet, terra-cotta pots work great and a lot of us use them!

If you have any questions about how to use or find things on the forum, or about keeping your fish in general, feel free to ask!! :D
bniebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 07:16 AM   #3 
Romad
TFK Moderator

Hello and welcome to the forum

Congrats. on your new fish friend. I agree with the heater and some hiding spots. You can get a small AQ safe cave or ornament with no sharp edges and some silk plants fairly cheaply.

Good luck and ask as many questions as you need to along the way.
Romad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 08:37 AM   #4 
Bettamom1691

My son gave him a name this morning. So dun dun dun it's jack! I think it's cause we watched the incredible? And he likes the character jack jack. Lol his color is coming in and he seems to be a nice deep red.
Bettamom1691 is offline   Reply With Quote