Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-01-2009, 08:15 AM   #31 
Kim

Looks like it has gotten worse. I'd try the meds now. I can't vouch for Maracyn, but I have had excellent results with the JFC. The thing is that with fin rot you want to catch it before it goes systemic and turns into full body rot which can and often is fatal. Good luck and keep us posted.
Kim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 07:20 PM   #32 
Antje

I'll go and look at the jungle fungus clear again and see, if I can dose it right.
Hm, I had hoped, she was getting a bit better, because her eyes look different, too now. They were all black the whole time and now I can actually see her pupils. First one eye changed, then the other one about a week later. I hope she will be ok.

Last edited by Antje; 02-01-2009 at 07:32 PM.
Antje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 07:43 PM   #33 
Antje

I just looked the JFC up online and it doesn't say, that it is specifically for fin rot. Or is fin rot a "bacteria-related condition"? Then it would be ok to use.

What about that jungle fungus eliminator? Any experience with it? It says it is for fin rot and other stuff.

Which one is the less strong one? I think, I would rather start with the lower one.

For the dosage of the JFC I would have to use 1:8 of one tablet or a little more, since I have a 6 bowl. If I can't cut the tablet accurately, which is very likely, how do I make sure I'm not overdosing? I would guess, that it is worse in a small bowl, than in a bigger tank, if I use a little more. Right?

Last edited by Antje; 02-01-2009 at 08:01 PM.
Antje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 10:52 AM   #34 
Kim

The fin rot is a bacteria related condition. I think the fungus eliminator is pretty much the same thing because it's description is pretty much identical. I haven't used it however, so I really can't recommend it. As for how to use the tabs...maybe crush it up measure the total amount and divide by 8. I think if you tried to cut it into eighths it would mostly end up as powder anyway.

And you don't have to go out and buy that specific med just because I recommend it. I have heard good things about Maracyn's products too, I am just speaking from my experience with the JFC. Actually I know some people who also swear by it and others who it hasn't worked for. I'm thinking maybe it has to do with the effectiveness of certain meds in certain water, or maybe that certain bacteria are more prevalent in some regions. It'd be interesting to find out for sure....

Anyway, I hope that it works for you if you do get it. I have used it on 3 different fish with fabulous results each time. Good luck.
Kim is offline   Reply With Quote