Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-05-2013, 10:05 PM   #1 
jadaBlu

Aquarium stand that sits low (Where to buy)

I have a 40 gallon breeder. I was considering making a stand but my husband wants to have something that looks nice which I could have managed but he's offering to buy one. I don't think he's expecting it to be expensive.

Anyhow the breed tank has much higher walls than I am used to my larges tank is 5 gallons so I think I could use one that will be lower so I can clean it easily. So if you have spotted any in your searches please post links or tell me a store to go to.
jadaBlu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 09:19 AM   #2 
buzzybeeme0131

Did you try pet smart they have lots there
buzzybeeme0131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 07:42 AM   #3 
farmgirl598

I have put tanks on things such as sturdy picnic benches, coffee tables, etc. My ten gallon currently sits on an old, shabby chic antique table/bench thing. It sits about 35 inches off the ground, and it's the perfect height. Depending on the decor in your house, it might pay to "think outside the box".
farmgirl598 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 11:23 PM   #4 
Blue Fish

What about a flat-lidded trunk? (Like a blanket trunk)

That would sit nice and low for you, and should be sturdy enough to handle the weight. Or a low coffee table.

If you have one locally, check out thrift stores, sometimes they've got decent furniture for outstanding prices. (Other times it's just junk...and it really depends on where you live, I know the one closest to me always has crap, but if I go into Oak Ridge, I can find some really high-quality stuff.)
Blue Fish is offline   Reply With Quote