Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-06-2013, 03:43 PM   #17091 
Shirleythebetta

My parents surprised me and showed up to my house. It of course was dirty because nobody ever shows up when your house is clean right? And my ferret stunk to high heaven because I hadn't given him his bath yet. So my poor niece is trying not to cringe her nose at the ferret B.O. smell. lol. My whole family probably thinks I am a pig because everytime they come over they come on days it's dirty. Plus I have all of these critters. I clean the cages all the time but as we all know, animals stink no matter how much you clean. Plus I swear my dogs should have been born pigs -_-
Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 03:59 PM   #17092 
dramaqueen
Banned

We got a phone call from a real estate agent who asked about our house. Someone in our neighborhood told this person EVERYTHING including where we were moving to and about my brother adding on to his house! We figured that our cousin told her stepdaughter who is friends with one of our neighbors. Now the whole neughbofhood knows our business. I want to get out and walk because it's nice out but I'm afraid of dealing with nosy neighbors asking questions. They don't speak to me unless they want to know something.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 04:03 PM   #17093 
Shirleythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
We got a phone call from a real estate agent who asked about our house. Someone in our neighborhood told this person EVERYTHING including where we were moving to and about my brother adding on to his house! We figured that our cousin told her stepdaughter who is friends with one of our neighbors. Now the whole neughbofhood knows our business. I want to get out and walk because it's nice out but I'm afraid of dealing with nosy neighbors asking questions. They don't speak to me unless they want to know something.
Doesn't that stink how that happens in little towns. I swear, the town I grew up in still knows my business and I haven't lived their in five years. I could sneeze here and THAT whole town would know about it in five minutes even though I live thirty miles in the other direction.
Old 04-06-2013, 04:14 PM   #17094 
dramaqueen
Banned

Our neighborhood is like a small town. Everyone knows everyone else's business.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 04:22 PM   #17095 
Sparrowhawk

*sigh* I can't stand drama within social circles. Especially when the sole cause of it is one person's pig-headedness and refusal to admit that they might have done the wrong thing. This guy was excessively rude to me, then to my partner when he called him on it, and demanded I speak to him about what upset me about what he said. I didn't contact him, as I don't like being summoned as though I'm some sort of minion. He had four different ways of contacting me, the easiest of which was my phone number. If he wanted to discover my thoughts he could have texted, but instead, when I didn't respond to the summons he sent via my partner, he deleted us both from all social media we were "friends" on. That's fine, and I'm glad to be rid of him, but the manner in which this all went down was completely uncivilized and for someone who puts a great emphasis on the "correct" way to do things, he was very out of line. It still makes me angry whenever I think about it because of the double standards and his apparent disdain for women. To add insult to injury, this person still has two of my books, after I posted his back to him, and there's no sign of me ever getting them back.

I suppose I could have diffused the situation by simply contacting him when he asked my partner to get me to, but I did not want to pander to his ego when he already seems to think everyone owes him a service and the utmost respect, especially from women. The whole attitude is totally offensive. If you want to speak to me about something, and you have my Facebook and phone details, contact me yourself, there's nothing stopping you! Expecting me to come when called like a dog, especially directly after accusing me of animal abuse towards my fish (heating their tanks is apparently abuse) is not going to gain my respect, and I'm certainly not going to respond to being treated like I'm in his servitude. UGH.

Apologies for the long rant. >.<
Sparrowhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 04:37 PM   #17096 
Bombalurina

So, yesterday I called the supervisor of the day, told her I had woken up with a cold, and asked her if she wanted me to come in. I repeatedly asked her if she was sure when she said I should stay home, apologised for the late notice, and told her to call me if they needed me.

Later I got a text from my manager saying that my behaviour was disgraceful, that I put a lot of pressure on my co-workers, that I should have called in earlier, and that I should have called him, not the supervisor. He made reference to an email that I had only just seen telling people what to do in the flu season.

I had no idea I was supposed to call him. I tried to make sure I wasn't putting pressure on my colleagues. If I had been as sick on Friday as I was on Saturday, I'd have called in on Friday (when I was sniffly and whingy, but not that bad).

Grr. There is such a blame culture at this place, and saying we could have made an extra $2.5k if I'd been there for 4.5 hours is ridiculous.
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 08:18 PM   #17097 
Xaltd1

I just lost another betta to this unknown illness that's killed 3 of my bettas. I literally spent more than $80 in every medicine PetSmart had.

While it has nothing to do with bettas, I did come across this passage when reading Roger Ebert's obituary:
“'Kindness' covers all of my political beliefs. No need to spell them out. I believe that if, at the end, according to our abilities, we have done something to make others a little happier, and something to make ourselves a little happier, that is about the best we can do. To make others less happy is a crime. To make ourselves unhappy is where all crime starts. We must try to contribute joy to the world. That is true no matter what our problems, our health, our circumstances. We must try. I didn't always know this and am happy I lived long enough to find it out.”
-Roger Ebert
Xaltd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 08:31 PM   #17098 
royal

Words to live by
royal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 11:38 PM   #17099 
Shirleythebetta

Okay, I am so sick and tired of people telling me what I should take in college. I am so tired of everyone telling me that business is not where the money is and I should be a nurse. "Nursing is growing" blah blah blah. I am not hating on nurses here because they are necessary but why does every female in her twenties need to be a nurse? Because a commecial said "the medical field is booming"?

Why can't people be original? Why can't people go to college and get a degree in something they love? I love business and that is what I want to do. Not to mention, what nurse makes more than a CEO of a large company? Also, do they see the 1200 medical jobs lost recently in my state because of the "Obamacare" tax?

This all started when I went over to one of my moms neighbors who has known me since I was a child. She says, "you shouldn't go in to business, medical is where the money is." It isn't anything new, I have been hearing this all of the time. I'm just tired of people telling me that I need to go where "the money" is and make myself unhappy working God knows how many hours in a job I hate. What happened to just saying "Congrats Graduate!"
Old 04-07-2013, 11:53 PM   #17100 
Xaltd1

AAAARRRGGGGHHH!
I'm being given the same STUPID advice!!!!!!
I'm 52; I had a thriving career in Marketing Communications b/f I stopped working to raise my son. Since it's tough to start a career again @ my age, my (now-ex!) boyfriend told me: "get some training in assisting a surgeon w/ instruments b/c my friend did that"- I lost it on him- I was furious that he didn't know me well enough to suggest that option!!!!!!!!!!!!! If EVER there was someone who should NOT go into medicine, it's me! I HATE doctors & their superior attitudes, plus, I'm not about to wear scrubs & give people shots & baths, clean up excrement, etc. Thank God for those who can do this, but it AIN'T ME!!!
I'm a creative person, and, oh boy, the one field that squelchs "out of the box" thinking is medicine!
(RANT, RANT, RANT...)

Last edited by Xaltd1; 04-07-2013 at 11:59 PM.
Xaltd1 is offline   Reply With Quote