Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish
Closed Thread

Old 04-01-2013, 10:46 PM   #461 
BettaBria

Oh wow! These are amazing colors! I wish I had one of these amazing halfmoons! I have a male crowntail betta. He is multicolored and was the shine in my eye when I spotted him at PetCo
Old 04-06-2013, 12:04 PM   #462 
IndyismyFishie

I used the Aqueon water clarifier, but it doesn't say how long I'm supposed to keep the water clarifier in there before I put my fish, Indy, in there.
Old 04-06-2013, 12:25 PM   #463 
SunnyBettaGirl

Red face

I usually put my fish straight into their water when I put a water treatment in there. I just make sure there is enough water in there to dilute the formula-e.g., on my bottle, it says put 1/2 a cupful into about a gallon of water (or so-enough water to fill a normal-sized fishbowl). I have a small Tupperware that I put fresh, warm water in for water changes, and then I add the water conditioner to that (my 'water adjustment' solution is mostly to balance pH and condition fish fins ). Hope this helps!
Old 04-06-2013, 12:26 PM   #464 
SunnyBettaGirl

Memo: One half a CAP-ful, e.g., the cap on top of the water treatment system bottle.
Old 04-06-2013, 02:24 PM   #465 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Hey guys, so I recently got a new betta of which I have no idea what he even is.

So I don't even know if he's plakat or just a regular splendens because his body is nearly twice the size of my other bettas who are full grown, but his length is the same as theirs. And then his fins are much shorter which lead to me thinking Plakat but they're still longer than most plakat fins.

And then the next thing was determining his tail fin type, when flared it goes a little past the 180 degree mark but it never fully flattens out like a HM so this lead me to rosetail and feathertail but I don't think he's a rosetail because of the spikes where it looks more like a feathertail?

And then to his coloration, his body is silver with blue/green iridescence and his tail is grey with a bit of rose coloration and the tips are all white, ventrals are a royal red.
Attached Images

Old 04-07-2013, 08:20 AM   #466 
justmel

I've been trying to figure this Petco find out. He is a DT, I was thinking Combtail, but someone with much more knowledge than me said he's a Halfsun. What do you think? I also wonder about his color. I was thinking possibly dragon or tri-color, but again I was told his body color is metallic.
Attached Images

Old 04-07-2013, 05:03 PM   #467 
Hadoken Kitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by justmel View Post
I've been trying to figure this Petco find out. He is a DT, I was thinking Combtail, but someone with much more knowledge than me said he's a Halfsun. What do you think? I also wonder about his color. I was thinking possibly dragon or tri-color, but again I was told his body color is metallic.
I agree about the halfsun. This means that he is a DTHM. The names are synonymous. His color looks to be bicolor metallic. I'm not sure if you count the small extra dots as he isn't a marble.
Old 04-07-2013, 09:58 PM   #468 
aznmint

Not sure if Salamander is a official color term, but "it involves 3 colours, 1 that must be present is the white butterfly, this must be shown in all fins and the ventrals as well. The other 2 colours can be anything but they must not be a wash. The body will be one colour and then from the body and into the fins will be another." (from an outside source) Also Dragonfly I believe is a newer term referring to a butterfly, but the white band is less than 50% on all fins (quote-Mahsfish)
Old 04-08-2013, 06:11 AM   #469 
Hadoken Kitty

salamander is an official term, but it would not be applied to this fish as there is no BF pattern.
Old 04-11-2013, 09:17 PM   #470 
justmel

Got a couple more for you to look at the first one was bought as a female, but turned out to be a male. The second & third is the female I got since the first wasn't. I am wondering about color & tail type. I'm pretty sure the boy is a PK, possibly a HMPK. The girl has a bit of fringe that shows on her tail, but would it be crown or comb tail? Is she also a PK or HMPK?
Attached Images

Closed Thread

Tags
alex wuz here : >3