Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-07-2013, 03:34 PM   #1 
tngirl92

Fish Seems Quite Sick. Please Help

I left over the weekend for a debate trip, leaving Mr. P in the charge of my roommate, who has been feeding him regularly. Before I left, I had posted a thread about his missing scales and raw spots. Now that I've gotten back, the situation looks worse and he is swimming VERY erratically, almost like there is something wrong with his water. I am moving him to a hospital tank with 100% fresh, conditioned water. I am wondering if I should start a treatment of Maracyn and Maracyn 2 for possible bacterial, fungal infections? He looks like he has raw spots, and maybe even some red streaks, what do you think?
Attached Images

tngirl92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 04:03 PM   #2 
tngirl92

See how the top of his head looks almost skinned?
http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=144922

There's my old post with the sickness-form filled out.
Old 04-07-2013, 08:01 PM   #3 
tngirl92

Can anyone advise on this?
Old 04-07-2013, 08:04 PM   #4 
Elsewhere

Do you have anything in the tank that he could be rubbing up against?
Elsewhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 08:31 PM   #5 
tngirl92

He has a bridge decoration in his tank that he loves to dart and hide under. It looks like it is made from some type of stone material. As of now, I have moved him into his hospital tank which has no substrate and nothing he can scratch against. The temperature is 76. I have started dosing with both Maracyn and Maracyn 2 to cover the widest range of infections. Though I am not experienced, I believe this is bacterial and it looks pretty nasty. The top of his spine, as you can see in the picture, looks rubbed raw and he is certainly looking red-streaky and raw in places. I hope the medicine and fresh, clean hospital tank will help him recover as quickly as possible. I sure do love my little fish. :( My only consolation is that I have only had him for a week, and I noticed some of these issues while he was still in his cup, but they definitely have gotten worse. I hope I caught it in time!
Old 04-07-2013, 08:32 PM   #6 
tngirl92

Would an internal infection cause the loss of scales?
Old 04-08-2013, 11:07 AM   #7 
tngirl92

Mr. P is getting worse. He has a long, white/clear stringy thing hanging off his caudal fin and a white, patchy place on his face. The white patch also has a stringy thing hanging off it. These could be signs of columnaris or ich. Someone, please advise. I really don't want to lose him. :(