Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-08-2013, 10:41 AM   #1 
belleangel33

6 week old fry no ventrals =(

Well I only have one fry left from this batch (only 10 hatched) at 6 weeks old almost still no ventral, darn I really dont want to cull him or her
Attached Images

belleangel33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 01:03 PM   #2 
nel3

i dont see any reason to cull the fish if it has no sickness or injury. it could just remain as a pet not to be bred. fish without ventrals seem to survive well enough given a chance and if they display no issues from 2 less fins.
nel3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 01:32 PM   #3 
belleangel33

Well that is true they can live healthy lives but I dont have room for pets... Im trying to run a breeding program if I kept every fry not able to be used for breeding I would be over run, and I need his 30 gallon that he was in all alone for the next batch of fry ready for the grow out tank.

I dont usually have a problem culling due to deformitys etc.. Its just I did get a lil attached to him or her because I have never had a lone fry to raise its usually a batch so you dont individualize. My boyfriend named it nemo the sole survivor.

I moved it to my soriety tank if he or she survives in there then i will brake my own rule and keep it as a pet
Old 04-08-2013, 01:42 PM   #4 
Otterfun

Quote:
Originally Posted by belleangel33 View Post
Well I only have one fry left from this batch (only 10 hatched) at 6 weeks old almost still no ventral, darn I really dont want to cull him or her
If you decide to cull him/her, i would not mind paying for shipping to have you send it over to me as I seem to have a good record of raising baby bettas (3 and counting) .
Otterfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 01:50 PM   #5 
belleangel33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otterfun View Post
If you decide to cull him/her, i would not mind paying for shipping to have you send it over to me as I seem to have a good record of raising baby bettas (3 and counting) .

Where are you located?
Old 04-08-2013, 02:01 PM   #6 
Otterfun

California
Otterfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 02:23 PM   #7 
belleangel33

I use to live in Cali la quinta and bermuba dunes when I was married
Old 04-08-2013, 02:45 PM   #8 
nel3

Quote:
Originally Posted by belleangel33 View Post
Well that is true they can live healthy lives but I dont have room for pets... Im trying to run a breeding program if I kept every fry not able to be used for breeding I would be over run, and I need his 30 gallon that he was in all alone for the next batch of fry ready for the grow out tank.

I dont usually have a problem culling due to deformitys etc.. Its just I did get a lil attached to him or her because I have never had a lone fry to raise its usually a batch so you dont individualize. My boyfriend named it nemo the sole survivor.

I moved it to my soriety tank if he or she survives in there then i will brake my own rule and keep it as a pet
thats a logical reason though the occasional execption wont hurt. i hope he survives or finds a good home (if you decide to sell/ship the fish.) raising a fish without ventrals would be interesting in the future given i had a spot but spare room for bettas is hard to comeby for me also.

i can understand your sentiment of having limited space for hobbies or fish breeding. i love plants and have many of them but i cant go and buy every single one of them either. same goes for plant clippings on my fast growing plants.

Last edited by nel3; 04-08-2013 at 02:47 PM.
nel3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 03:00 PM   #9 
JadeAngel

omg, the only surviving baby of a batch of eggs with a fin disability named Nemo!? Can you get a more perfect name for him!? So awesome :D I hope you decide to keep him or send him to Otterfun, his story is already just too unique ;)
JadeAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 03:09 PM   #10 
belleangel33

I will ship him or her but I have never shippwd any that young I don't think it would survive.