Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-02-2013, 04:20 AM   #1 
Goodbettabest

Glue INSIDE tank that i cant get off. is it harmful?

I have just realised that the tank i bought for my betta has glue all inside it from where the manufacturer stuck the advertising material and background sheet. It is extremely sticky &I'm having a really hard time getting it off. Is the glue harmful to my betta?
Goodbettabest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 08:11 AM   #2 
Goodbettabest

After all the scraping and rubbing trying to get it off i now have an ugly residue smear all over the glass. I'm thinking of taking it back... problem is my poor fish is stuck in a container with 1.5 litres of water until i can get this sorted out. Very, very frustrating!!!!
Goodbettabest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 09:34 AM   #3 
tngirl92

Try filling it with water for a few hours to soften the residue, and see if that fixes it enough to be able to scrape off. Honestly though, might be easier to just take it back.
tngirl92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 09:53 AM   #4 
Otterfun

Use Glue-gone, denatured or rubbing alcohol to remove it, whatever is left, you can use mailing tape or scotch tape to lift it off. Clean tank with hot water and let air dry for a day before filling it with water for betta.
Otterfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 07:48 PM   #5 
Tabby216

Hmm I thought I had the same problem and was scared but it was nothing lol. The glue on the sides of the fish tank were normal. I decided to leave them alone after trying to take it off but what I heard its to hold the tank together. Haha

Last edited by Tabby216; 04-08-2013 at 07:51 PM.
Tabby216 is offline   Reply With Quote