Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-08-2013, 11:11 PM   #11 
FireWay

Quote:
Originally Posted by bniebetta View Post
Dude. Totally happened to me. I saw this one fish and idaf what genes she has.... She is on her way as we speak... I have learned that if I see THE betta, just to go for it to avoid emotional distress later (and yes, I am that sensitive about missing out on fish I have fallen in love with :p).
Heheh! I'm afraid I have fallen in love with too many fish already...
FireWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 11:21 PM   #12 
bniebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattsBettas View Post
Her body seems short and stubby, a common occurrence in dt that can lead to spinal deformities of you are not careful. Her finnage seems fairly balanced but is not perfect. I really love her colors so I say if you can find the right male (a single tail male, not a doubletail), go for it!
We actually have a doubletail male who has a short body. it seems like the compressedion of his insides is the cause of his awkward swimming (which is actually kind of cute) and constipation problems.
bniebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 11:52 PM   #13 
indjo
TFK Moderator

Her caudal (tail) has 2 lobes. So she is definitely a DT. Because she is from a HM line, she can be miss labelled as HM. Usually DT geno (HM line) has only one lobe (single tail) but very long dorsal. These are always labeled as HM. Remember not to pair 2 DTs - always pair a DT to a single tail.
indjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 06:02 AM   #14 
FireWay

Quote:
Originally Posted by indjo View Post
Her caudal (tail) has 2 lobes. So she is definitely a DT. Because she is from a HM line, she can be miss labelled as HM. Usually DT geno (HM line) has only one lobe (single tail) but very long dorsal. These are always labeled as HM. Remember not to pair 2 DTs - always pair a DT to a single tail.
Thank you! I am definitely looking for an HM to breed her to. Just trying to decide what it is I am looking for.
FireWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 09:01 AM   #15 
Myates

AOC Cambodian (Any Other Color), what they usually classify anything that isn't red. She is a beautiful girl despite any faults, love her coloring!
Myates is offline   Reply With Quote