Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-09-2013, 11:17 AM   #1 
bniebetta

In love with my females!!

Time to gush!! I never realized how neat females are. I have seen lots of people say that they are fun to have and special in their own way, but I have never really found an explanation beyond that.

I got two girls two days ago, and I have to say, they are awesome!! They are both very sweet and inquisitive. If I put my finger in the water, they swim up to it and rub on me like they want me to pet them and just circle my finger. It's so funny!!

I posted pictures of them, but one didn't have a name yet so here is the update: I think I mentioned that the green one is named Tinkerbell, but so far I just call her "Tinky" a lot. This name is pretty fitting because she is very curious and sweet but can be fierce when she wants to be. The purple one is called Rue because she is insanely good at hiding and being sneaky. Everyone in my house has several times looked all around on the floor, the counter, etc thinking she jumped out because she is just that good. Once I even caught her crawling under her heater on the bottom of her bowl!! Silly little booger.

I can't wait for the pet store to get their betta shipment in tomorrow because I am usually the one who unpacks them and puts them out, which means that I get first pick and the ones I want don't even have to come in contact with the dirtiness of the pet store and I can just take them right home!!!
bniebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 02:42 PM   #2 
Rigo22

They sound interesting.
Rigo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 02:51 PM   #3 
bniebetta

They are, I can't wat to get the sorority put together so I can show everyone!! btw where are you from?
Old 04-09-2013, 03:06 PM   #4 
Otterfun

Quote:
Originally Posted by bniebetta View Post
Time to gush!! I never realized how neat females are. I have seen lots of people say that they are fun to have and special in their own way, but I have never really found an explanation beyond that.

I got two girls two days ago, and I have to say, they are awesome!! They are both very sweet and inquisitive. If I put my finger in the water, they swim up to it and rub on me like they want me to pet them and just circle my finger. It's so funny!!

I posted pictures of them, but one didn't have a name yet so here is the update: I think I mentioned that the green one is named Tinkerbell, but so far I just call her "Tinky" a lot. This name is pretty fitting because she is very curious and sweet but can be fierce when she wants to be. The purple one is called Rue because she is insanely good at hiding and being sneaky. Everyone in my house has several times looked all around on the floor, the counter, etc thinking she jumped out because she is just that good. Once I even caught her crawling under her heater on the bottom of her bowl!! Silly little booger.

I can't wait for the pet store to get their betta shipment in tomorrow because I am usually the one who unpacks them and puts them out, which means that I get first pick and the ones I want don't even have to come in contact with the dirtiness of the pet store and I can just take them right home!!!
cool, i wish my CG is just as sweet. CG, is sweet in her own ways, but not when she's starving and associate my finger=food. I always talk to her "Common, how can a pellet be the size of an index finger??you need to check your eyesight...""
Otterfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 03:16 PM   #5 
Rigo22

Quote:
Originally Posted by bniebetta View Post
They are, I can't wat to get the sorority put together so I can show everyone!! btw where are you from?
I am from no other than the green state Oregon.
Rigo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 03:20 PM   #6 
Stone

I would be careful if you are housing just 2 together, its best to have 4 or more spreads out the aggression a bit
Stone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 04:05 PM   #7 
LittleBettaFish

I have always preferred female bettas to males. Even with my wild bettas it is usually the females who are friendly and feisty and have no qualms about putting the males back in their place.

They just have so much personality as you have mentioned in your post and there is just 'something' about them that gets you hooked.
LittleBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 04:17 PM   #8 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

Males are fun to look at but females are just plain fun! I love my sorority. A lot.
MattsBettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 06:32 PM   #9 
bniebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone View Post
I would be careful if you are housing just 2 together, its best to have 4 or more spreads out the aggression a bit
I would never put two together haha. They are in separate quarantine bowls that are right next to each other and they don't seem to mind at all :)
Old 04-11-2013, 12:29 PM   #10 
peachii

I see you! Best friends forever, these two got along so well it was hilarious. My girls have become far and above my favorite tank, they are spoiled rotten and I spend more time sitting here looking at them than anything. I love them all.
Attached Images

Last edited by peachii; 04-11-2013 at 12:31 PM.
peachii is offline   Reply With Quote